2000 3.0 flex fuel intake vacuum line question - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
2000 3.0 flex fuel intake vacuum line question

Hi guys this is my first time on here as a member. I have used your repair forums before with great success but cannot find the answer to my question anywhere this time so I thought I would ask.
At some point during a very trying coolant flush and heater core replacement I broke a vacuum line off that comes from the rear of the upper intake. It broke at the other end and I can't seem to find where it broke off. After searching with no results I think it may be under the upper intake. My problem is that with this being a one year only upper intake I can't seem to find a diagram of where this line should go. I am able to remove the upper intake but do not want to if it is not needed. It seems to control idle because with it disconnected it idles very rough while in gear at idle and sometimes at high (50 and up) speeds.
Any help for a frustrated lost newbee ?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

Pictures.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

I will try to post pics today. The pic won't show much just a simple vacuum line exiting the rear of the upper intake right in the middle. It is the only line leaving the rear of the manifold
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page