!!!Stuck in park- brake lights do not work!!! - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
!!!Stuck in park- brake lights do not work!!!

Please help with any ideas! stopped by the mail box today, put the e-brake on then put in park, got the mail, got back in the car, took the e-brake off and when i went to put the car in park, it wouldn't budge from park!

Does this sound like the brake light sensor?? After playing around , forcing it in anger, the car now can shift without me applying the brake from P to R. Now when I put the ignition in the LOCK position and shift it to R, I can force the ignition past R to D (Drive) and get around until I fix it.

What does this sound like guys?!

any ideas and help would be awesome.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, sounds like a busted brake interlock switch. (I think that's what it's called) Should be a yellow and black box connected to the pedal. Wires could have come loose, or maybe it's just fried. Next time, turn the key one click past off, that lets you put the car in neutral, then you can start the car from there and go. You should definitely not have forced it.

Happened to me once, turned out one of the wires busted. Soldered it back up and it's working great now.

2012 Fusion Sport, 56k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune, Steeda 22.5mm RSB, Magnaflow Catback, Enkei Raijin

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page