Master cylinder leaking. - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Master cylinder leaking.

I am going to replace the master cylinder and booster on my 2000 Taurus. I am also going to replace the front brake rotors and pads. I have a quick question about the pads. I was looking at ceramic, and organic. My dad drives this car about 1000 miles a week as he is a courier. What do you guys suggest in a good pad? Normally I would just go with the organics, and I have used ceramics in the past but never seem to have good luck with them. Any particular brands? Or exact part numbers you were recommend Thanks in advance guys.

2000 Taurus Duratec.
1993 Bronco 5.8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 AM
wjc
Devoted Member

Don't overthink it, and just use whatever Ford originally called for. Brand isn't terribly critical, but the main thing is never use the very cheapest line sold by the parts store you shop at. I've seen way too many of the cheap friction materials unglue/unrivet from the mounting surface.

"Spare the duct tape, spoil the job."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM

Trader Score: 1 reviews
I use the Autozone Durlast Gold Brand pads.They wear fine. Just have the counter person give you the part - easier than looking up part numbers. I think they make semi-metallic or ceramic type. The semi-metallic seem to cut ino my rotors more, so I used the ceramic up front and have had no problems for the last 20K.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Okay, just wondering. I have been using ceramic on my bronco and they keep cracking before 5000 miles. They have a lifetime warranty and I've already taken them back like four times. This is why I am weary of ceramics. Thanks for the heads up.

2000 Taurus Duratec.
1993 Bronco 5.8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page