Key won't turn the Ignition - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 08:29 PM

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 2008
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMER View Post
Hmmmm, here are a couple of possible ideas:

Clean and lubricate the lock cylinder. Spray a liberal amount of electrical contact cleaner to flush away dirt and grime, followed by a quick spray of silicone or a drop or two of liquid graphite to lubricate. Be careful not to allow it to drip on upholstery or carpet. Keep the car open to prevent accumulation of fumes, and avoid sparks and open flames.

On some lock cylinders, a tumbler may bind in a locked position, and the springs are unable to to push it back out. Firmly tapping the face of the lock cylinder can release the stuck tumbler. A tack hammer is about the perfect size and weight for most key cylinders.

I have a 2008 Ford Taurus AWD. Where would i find the lock cylinders to attempt to release them?

My ignition locked and i brought it in to Ford and they said I needed to replace the ignition column so they did so and it was initially fixed (I could turn the car on and the steering wheel was no longer locked) but when i brought it home i decided to lock the steering wheel again on purpose to see if the problem was fixed, but now I can't unlock it again and am having the same problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page