Check Engine & Door Ajar Light Issue - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Spend my 02 wisely...

Chapter: Southern

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Check Engine & Door Ajar Light Issue

A couple of months ago my check engine light and door ajar lights started coming on together. When you'd open the doors, both would come on. A couple of weeks later, I had a code come up for a loose gas cap. Both lights came on for this as well.

Now, the lights stay on even though I have no codes and the doors are shut. Also, the lights are only on when the headlights are off. When I turn the headlights on, the lights go out. They won't even come on when the door opens with the headlights on.

I've searched the forum and found some mention of this, but I never found a cause or solution. Anyone have any ideas?

-Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 2005
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

It sounds as if you have a short somewhere or possibly a loose connection in the cluster causing a possible feedback issue with grounds. As for the door ajar light staying on, have you sprayed any kind of penetrating lubrication into the latch and repeatedly open and close the door to work it into the latch? The switches in the latches are known for sticking over time. However it's not suppose to trip the SES light on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Spend my 02 wisely...

Chapter: Southern

I know the door sensors are working fine, the interior lights still turn on and off as they should when the doors open and close. I'm just hoping someone has dealt with this before and found the cause before I have to pull out the wiring diagram, tear my dash apart and start testing circuits.

-Jonathan

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM

Chapter: Northeast

door ajar check engine light

Did you ever figure this out? mine is coming and going and driving me crazy. Ive watched them both come on and go off together, makes me wonder if the gem module is going bad?

banjomaniac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page