Canadian Camshaft Synchronizer Part Number? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
I came across a post from gskills where he got a camshaft synchronizer for $97 + $50 core from Napa. Part number 48- S2606. Not sure if that is a napa number of a Cardone number. Any Canadians have numbers for a replacement Cardone Camshaft synchronizer at a Canadian auto parts store or Canadian online store?
Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to mmmfloorpie Send a message via MSN to mmmfloorpie Send a message via Yahoo to mmmfloorpie
There are NAPAs in Canada... Lest there is where I live (Southern Ontario).

This jellybean's got a hard candy coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I know. I have one about 6 blocks from me. I just wanted to know if anyone had other info. So far I called AutoValue and they had no listing. I called a smaller parts shop and they had no listing. So I am looking for some numbers that I might be able to take to them in order to "aid" them in finding me a part so I have a couple options. I haven't called my NAPA yet, so they might not even be able to get it. Who knows. I do know that often Napa Canada numbers often differ from Napa USA part numbers. I just want to get my ducks in a row before I call around again tomorrow.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to mmmfloorpie Send a message via MSN to mmmfloorpie Send a message via Yahoo to mmmfloorpie
Quote:
Yes, I know. I have one about 6 blocks from me. I just wanted to know if anyone had other info. So far I called AutoValue and they had no listing. I called a smaller parts shop and they had no listing. So I am looking for some numbers that I might be able to take to them in order to "aid" them in finding me a part so I have a couple options. I haven't called my NAPA yet, so they might not even be able to get it. Who knows. I do know that often Napa Canada numbers often differ from Napa USA part numbers. I just want to get my ducks in a row before I call around again tomorrow.
[/b]
I don't see why the same company would have all different part numbers for each part just because they are in different countries... Numbers in French are the same as in English Have you tried the local Ford dealer?

This jellybean's got a hard candy coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I don't see why the same company would have all different part numbers for each part just because they are in different countries... Numbers in French are the same as in English Have you tried the local Ford dealer?
[/b][/quote]

NAPA often has its own part numbers. I am kinda assuming that is what the number I found is. The dealer wants $200 for their part. $97 for a Cardone sounds alot better. I know when I can get stuff from AutoValue it tends to be better price, although would it be Dorman?? Maybe. I just like options.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Today NAPA quoted me $88.99 + $55.50 core on the synchronizer. It was part number 48 S2600L He couldn't tell me at first who made it. Although he did come back after checking and told me "It is one of our own. We rebuild them". Not entirely sure I trust that. He did tell me there are two applications. Step On or no Step on. The "L" at the end of the part number was the difference. What is needed for a 2000 Taurus Vulcan? Also, the original part number I found 30-S2600L didn't give him anything when he cross referenced. The 48 S2606 came up as a distributor.

I also got a price of $35.59 for the sensor from them
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 04:29 PM

I've just had a new sensor and synchro installed in my '01 Taurus with Vulcan engine. I got a NEW Motorcraft syncro and NEW Standard Motor Product sensor for $109 delivered with the 5% Club discount. I don't know whether Rock delivers to Canada, but I'm hoping they do. The price at the dealership was about $190 not including tax.
I wouldn't use anything but a new Motorcraft part and base this on reading the many posts on the Club site.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page