Live Data From Blue Bull Running - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Here is a print screen from 4 live data runs from my new OBD II scanner. All codes are clear now (started with a bunch of them back in October) except for P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I would like to eliminate the sensors before changing the catalytic converters. I don't want to change the catalytic converter if it does not need to be changed.

Please review the following data and tell me if anything points to the sensors. (If the sensors are okay, then I will finally have to accept that I need to change the bank 1 catalytic converter:

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Blue Bull
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Anyone able to make heads or tails of this data?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand...

The Blue Bull

|
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Quote:
Anyone able to make heads or tails of this data?
[/b]
If it's the bank 1 cat that you're interested in, then the only sensors you need to look at are both Bank 1 O2 sensors. The upstream sensor should be switching back and forth between rich and lean, and the downstream should always be reading rich. If the downstream is switching just like the upstream (or starting to switch like the upstream), then the cat is bad.

Right now, one of my cats is getting so bad that I'm starting to hear pieces of the honeycomb rattling around.

Currently driving a 2009 Focus SE Sedan w/5-Speed!

Previous cars:
1997 Geo Prizm
1996 Ford Taurus G

Formerly "Mr. X"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page