Rough This Morning - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
My wife 2000 sable wagon with the duratec ran really rough this morning , but was fine once it warmed up.
I looked down to see the check engine light on. Went to autozone and got this code p1151.
Autozone was not much help, Any ideas.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to spridget
Quote:
My wife 2000 sable wagon with the duratec ran really rough this morning , but was fine once it warmed up.
I looked down to see the check engine light on. Went to autozone and got this code p1151.
thanks
[/b]
How many miles? How has it been maintained?

P1151 Lack Of Upstream HO2S Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean, Bank No. 2

RIP TCCA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'96 ES SHO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
thanks
[/b]
How many miles? How has it been maintained?

P1151 Lack Of Upstream HO2S Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean, Bank No. 2
[/b][/quote]
OMG getting advice from the king himself. legendary

<strike>1997 Ford Taurus Bodacious Edition</strike>
TCCA South

2008 M6 I4

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
thanks
[/b]
90% of the time its the PCV system. I don't know if the 2000 is different than our '98 Duratec Sable ,but the elbow that receives the PCV valve swelled and didn't provide a airtight seal and it threw same code and ran rough
cold with misfire under load. Threw a clamp on the joint making sure the PCV is seated before tightening.
It's not the easiest clamp install (2 extensions on my 1/4" ratchet) but it was easier than taking the UM
off and r/r suspect rubber elbows and hoses.

Best of luck,
MustangScott
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
thanks
[/b]
90% of the time its the PCV system. I don't know if the 2000 is different than our '98 Duratec Sable ,but the elbow that receives the PCV valve swelled and didn't provide a airtight seal and it threw same code and ran rough
cold with misfire under load. Threw a clamp on the joint making sure the PCV is seated before tightening.
It's not the easiest clamp install (2 extensions on my 1/4" ratchet) but it was easier than taking the UM
off and r/r suspect rubber elbows and hoses.

Best of luck,
MustangScott
[/b][/quote]

Car has 144,000 miles on it and has been maintain well.
Pcv valve and hose are new as well as the other vacuum lines that usaully rot away.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to spridget
Have the O2 sensors ever been replaced?

RIP TCCA

'96 ES SHO -
-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page