Windshield Washer Fuse - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
When I press in my blinker for the windshield washer, it does not come on. The manual said the washer fuse is #23. I checked fuse #23 in my fuse box inside my car and the fuse appears to be good. Any more fuses that go to my windshield washer?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Blue Bull
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Can you hear it running?

If so check the washer hose under the hood to see its cracked. Pretty common and cheap repair.

I'm not sure of any other fuses.

All Ford Family

14 Escape S: "Frederick", 1400 miles, Sterling Gray Metalic (mine)
06 Taurus SE: "Samantha", 67000 miles, Performance White (moms)
06 Taurus SE: "Patrick", 72000 miles, Windveil Blue (sisters)
11 Focus SE: "Doug", 25000 miles, Ebony Black (dads)
06 Taurus SE: "Melissa" 92000, Performane White, traded in for Escape
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

There's a fuse panel under the hood:
https://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index...Panel_Diagrams

[
] - [
]
Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable? A personal conveyance named after its inventor, an
assassinated ruler, a character from Greco-Roman myth and a small furry mammal.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Other possibility is the switch itself. I have to press in on mine really hard, and even then it works when it wants to. DO the wipers move when you press the button? If not, then the switch is likely not telling the system to activate. The wipers should cycle 2 or 3 times after you release the button.

“To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research”.

Josh

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Other possibility is the switch itself. I have to press in on mine really hard, and even then it works when it wants to. DO the wipers move when you press the button? If not, then the switch is likely not telling the system to activate. The wipers should cycle 2 or 3 times after you release the button.
[/b]

Yes, when I press the blinker in, the wipers cycle 3 or 4 times. I do not hear the motor, which is why I was hoping it was a fuse.

The Blue Bull

|
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 PM

pull the wiring to the motor and check it for voltage when the switch is pressed in (may need a helper). the pump/motor simply presses into the tank, and should be a simple swap once you get to it. here's the autozone part... http://www.autozone.com/R,1787681/vehicleI...oductDetail.htm

Josh

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
pull the wiring to the motor and check it for voltage when the switch is pressed in (may need a helper). the pump/motor simply presses into the tank, and should be a simple swap once you get to it. here's the autozone part... http://www.autozone.com/R,1787681/vehicleI...oductDetail.htm
[/b]

Quote:
Pump must be primed before installation
[/b]
hmm... how does one prime the pump?

The Blue Bull

|
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Quote:
Pump must be primed before installation
[/b]
hmm... how does one prime the pump?
[/b][/quote]

I just refill the tank and let it sit while putting the other parts back in place. Pump should be ready then. I've never had trouble with priming these, I think that part was generic instructions

Josh

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
[/b]
Link now goes to a Bosch platinum spark plug. That will look really funny hooked up to my windshield washer tank. Doubt it will work.

Hint for anyone who comes along later looking for the windshield washer motor: look behind the passenger side blinker/parking light. It can be carefully accessed through there and it will probably help to peel back the fender's splash guard too.

The Blue Bull

|
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via MSN to Nidan
It's probably the MFS. That's the most common failure i see - the switch fails and the washers don't work, even tho the wipers will come on. Sometimes you can get the washers to work by holding the button in and wiggling the switch. There are write-ups on how to clean the switch, so you can try that first. If that's a no-go, you probably need a new switch.

I have a tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve. I have a history of losing my shirt.

- Barenaked Ladies
(it suits me so well sometimes, heh)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page