Ford Emblem Overlay Decals - Page 2 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
i think it looks great without anything written on it. its goona be so small anyway, youd have to put your face in it to read it. ha ha.
only suggestion-what if it was blue so that it almost looked like the original logo? only after closer inspection would you see the difference...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:22 PM

naw, either leave it black, or i like the idea of changing it to blue so it looks like the ford emblem, but the red text would be too small to read
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to lzzrdboy Send a message via MSN to lzzrdboy Send a message via Yahoo to lzzrdboy
I too am not real sure about the text on the emblem. Seems, as others have said, it's too small to begin with. As for Blue...I'm sure we could get it in any color we wanted, however, my reason for doing this was to get rid of the blue ford emblem and apply something that would better match the color scheme of my Bull.

I'll ask Tim about color options and if it would cost more to order different colors.

Thanks for the great input. It's nice to hear from all of you on this. Since these would be made to order (not part of a min. order), I figure we'll just have Tim ship them direct.

L8R!

Peace Be With You!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 07:02 PM

I agree about the text... now that I think of it; this is going on the small ford emblem… and it would just be a blur from far away. I guess it was just too early for me to actually think clearly LOL , next time guys I’ll think before I post.

<div align="center">
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<div align="center">54 Mods and counting,
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 07:46 AM
T-3

Send a message via AIM to T-3 Send a message via MSN to T-3 Send a message via Yahoo to T-3
It looks fine in black without any lettering at all.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to lzzrdboy Send a message via MSN to lzzrdboy Send a message via Yahoo to lzzrdboy
Thumbs down

Well...that's 7 of you so far. If you guys think we should go ahead with this, holler and I'll pull the trigger. I'll add the emblem overlay decal to the SE decal order page and will update the official thread with ordering information.

Before doing so, we'll need to wait for word back from Tim regarding colors.
YEA! Got Tim's reply only moments ago...here ya' go!

Quote:
In the proof the Bull is Chrome and the Background is Black.* I can make these decals in many different color combinations.* Here is a list of color options:

Black, White, Silver, Dark Grey, Red, Blue, Dark Blue (Ford Blue), Yellow, Orange, Gold, Carbon Fiber, Chrome (Bull Only), Brushed Aluminum (Bull Only).*

The Bull is Available in all of the colors listed Above.* The Background is Available in all of the colors above with the exception of Chrome and Brushed Aluminum.* All remaining color combinations are available.

PayPal payments sent directly to me will be fine.* Please have members send a note with payment which includes:* TCCA Emblem Decals and the colors they would like.* I will also need to know the measurements of each emblem, until we confirm the emblem sizes of each year Taurus.* Then I would just need to know the Year.* I am ready to take orders for these decals.* Thanks!
I'm happy to hear about the color choices. That leaves things pretty much wide open for everyone. In a previous email, Tim mentioned that he could remove the chrome oval ring around the edge of the overlay if preferred. I told him that it would need to be left up to the individual member. If you would like to have the ring removed from your decal, please include that information with your payment as well. I'll setup an order page with all the details and from there, it'll be up to each of you to send the paypal payment from your own accounts. Let me know if that's not okay with you...

As for the measurements of each emblem. I'd like to add info for each generation of taurus regarding individual emblem measurements (front, rear, steering wheel). That way, all one would have to do is indicate the year of their car when ordering a decal.

I'll be building the order page today and will post again when it's ready!

Reply with any final thoughts if you have 'em!

Thanks again fella's!

Peace Be With You!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to sho continental
Can you get overlays for the steering wheel on for gen2-gen3s?

'93-SHO-Emerald/Ebony - Nov '05 COTM (sold)
'95-SHO-Jewel/Mocha - April '10 COTM
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SHO Continental@Jun 13 2006, 09:03 AM
Can you get overlays for the steering wheel on for gen2-gen3s?
As long as the emblem is an oval ford emblem it should work fine on the other generations. Do you have a shot of a gen 2 or 3 steering wheel you could post? I'm guessing there's no difference with the exception of the size. And even the size may be the same. Remember, the decals come in sets of 3: One for the front, one for the rear, and one for the steering wheel.

EDIT: I'm still working on the Overlay decal order info but in the meantime, I was hoping we could get a few volunteers to measure their Ford Emblems. We're looking for Emblem measurements for all 4 generations. Please measure the front, rear, and steering wheel emblems and post your findings here. It may be a good idea to get a few different folks to help out so we can make sure our dimensions are acurrate. I'm sure we all know how to measure but just in case, measure across the center of the emblem horizontally and vertically across the same center line. The measurements I came up with for my 2000 model can be found below. As we get replies, I'll post dimensions here. Once they're all in, members will only need to specify the year of their bull when ordering.

Ford Taurus Ford Emblem Dimensions
Generation 1:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 2:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 3:
  • Front - ?
  • Rear - ?
  • Steering Wheel - ?
Generation 4 (2000-2006 model years):
  • Front - 4"W x 1 5/8"H
  • Rear - 3 1/16"W x 1 1/8"H
  • Steering Wheel - 2 5/16"W x 7/8"H
Thanks!

Peace Be With You!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

I just received word from Tim that my order shipped today. Not bad...I just placed the order on Wed. Anyway, I'll post pics here once I get them. Should look nice on my newly painted spear. Guess we'll see...

If you've yet to do so, hopefully you guys will order some after you see how great they look on my Bull!

EDIT - Applied Rear Emblem Overlay Decal (excuse the dirt please)
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/lzzrdboy/Decals/tcca_emblem_overlay_rear.jpg' alt='' width='460' height='175' class='attach' />

The front decal had some white protruding from the top edge so I'll be getting a replacement for that soon. Once applied, I'll post a pic of it as well.

It's hard to tell in this pic but I had Tim color the oval ring on my decals white, not chrome, like the proof. Don't forget, you can get these in just about any color combination!

Peace Be With You!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 PM

Chapter: Northern

I want one once you get them made
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page