Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2018 Ford National's - Carlisle, Pa.

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  REDTRUCKCHASER 
#1 ·
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

Please consider joining me, and other fellow Ecoboost and Ford enthusiasts for the biggest Official Ford event of each calendar year, by registering for the National's.

Held in Carlisle, Pa.

2017 saw over 3,300 Ford cars of all years, all platforms, all trim levels, as well as from stock to heavily modified and everything inbetween. 2017 saw a good turnout of Taurus owners, but of course, it'd be great to see those numbers continuing to expand!

Consider registering for the downtown street parade, in addition to the showfield. It's a real blast!

2018 dates are: June 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

There's a 20% discount across the board, for those who register before the end of the year.

I already have registered myself.

I'm sure hotel arrangements will be being discussed, and details forthcoming as the event draws closer.

But fair warning, due to the sheer volume of attendees, hotels typically book up by sometime in March.

I'm looking forward to all the friendships, the memories, and even meeting new owners!

See less See more
#2 ·
I will be there again in 2018 with my 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe. Been there every year but one since 2002 or so. I already have registered with the earlybird discount, and have had my motel room reserved since September.

Ford Carlisle is an absolute blast for any Ford fan or any car guy! Sure, there are mega buck show cars on the show field, but there are many who bring daily drivers, cars undergoing restoration or in the process of being modded, and cars in need of some TLC. EVERY Ford car is welcome, no matter the model or condition.

Come. I guarantee you wont regret it!

#3 ·
I've tragically missed the last two years but definitely want to make the next one. I'll try to make it down at least one day, hopefully stay the night of the parade. I've always wanted to see that.

#4 ·
Just thought to mention that hotels are filling up very quickly.

I started my search by typing in the address of the fairgrounds (1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, Pa.) and then clicked on hotels. Starting with all the ones closest to the grounds, appears all of them are already booked up. Geezuz. 6 mo.'s in advance and damn, full full full.

So expanding my search a little further out, I found Holiday Inn Express located at: 1152 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 17013.

I booked a room there just now. It appeared they only had less than a 1/2 dozen remaining open for the Ford National's.

I will be checking in on Thursday May 31st, 2018, and checking out on Sunday June 3rd, 2018.

Hopefully any of you who are planning to attend as well, can also book the remaining rooms so as to permit us staying together in a group.

Please post up any plans you make respectively so we can coordinate accordingly. TIA!

#7 ·
I'll be there. Need to get registered. Hotel isn't a problem - I live 40 mins from the fairgrounds !

#8 ·
I got my decal and map today. TCCA is in section Y438 by Walk In Gate #4.

#9 ·
Weather is looking decent - 80s with occasional thunderstorms. Summertime in PA...

#10 ·
What is considered "decent"???

I mean I'm still in don't get me wrong, but this latest forecast is not all that promising.

Hopefully it changes for the better, and quickly at that!!

Attachments

#11 ·
"Decent" is 80s and a chance of Tstorm. And we all know how inaccurate weather reports can be.

Better than 60s rain and fog. Bring your sunscreen !

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.