Using The TCCA Search Feature - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Using the TCCA Search Function

First rule of Taurus Club, you don't talk about Taurus Club.
Second rule of Taurus Club, you don't talk about Taurus Club.
Third rule of Taurus Club, search your question first.

Why use search anyway?
It's faster. If you are stuck in the middle of replacing your Duratec's rear plugs, or that stubborn water pump on your 3.2L ATX SHO just won't come out, this is quicker than asking a question, then waiting for a reply - there are hundreds if not thousands of queries listed in the Taurus Club's database.

You'll get much better replies when you have some idea of what you need to accomplish and you don't ask the same question that's been beat to death. We've covered a lot, in many years here! Such as...

"What's the bolt pattern of a Taurus?" (5x108mm)
"If I build a Cold/Warm/Hot Air Induction kit on my stock '98 Vulcan will I see gains?" (No. Remove the silencer tube for more sound though.)
Etc, etc...

Okay, here's how I do it:

I want to find some threads (a thread is a series of replies to a question. Each individual's reply is called a post.) on freeze plugs. First, I find the Search Function, at center, in yellow. It says "Search."

[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/404392/fullsize/search1.jpg' alt='' width='565' height='424' class='attach' />

Now, I enter my question. Follow the instructions on the image below if you need to. Remember, you can save this image below for reference.

[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/404393/fullsize/search2.jpg' alt='' width='565' height='420' class='attach' />

Using this method, here's what I came up with.

Freeze Plugs, coolant loss

Freeze Plug Leaks

Freeze Plugs, On an 00 wagon

Freeze Plugs, 2nd freeze plug being replaced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Chrysler 300M Special - 1968 Mustang Fastback - 1994 Subaru Legacy 5-sp.
ex-1995 MTX SHO - ex-1993 Vulcan GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Still can't find it?

Remember to search our vast Archive, located here:

https://www.taurusclub.com/archive/in...?act=Search&f=

We have a huge Encyclopedia, full of thousands of facts and features, located here:

www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/

And also a Wiki, short for wikipedia, an Internet encyclopedia compiled and modified by our members, showing some of the most popular repairs and modifications:

www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Good luck and happy searching!

-TB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Adam B.

Great article Tom!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Great writeup! I'd like to include that searching takes time. Don't give up just yet. Try different combinations of words (like "IAC" or "Idle Air Control" or "Idle" and etc.). And sometimes you have to look at several threads to come up with a conclusion because not everything is contained into one thread. You need to look at more than just one thread to find the solution.

[
] - [
]
Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable? A personal conveyance named after its inventor, an
assassinated ruler, a character from Greco-Roman myth and a small furry mammal.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to taurusse1995

Think this needs to be bumped because there is alot of people asking the same questions over and over and over.

"

Now Riding In a 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES

"To keep one car on the guessing list, I donate my win to whoever wins yours, unless I win yours, then my win is donated solely to myself as a win squared. (win²) In the evnt that I do not win, the next winner wins the right to name the next car. (TrueBlue)"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 02:39 PM

Awesome post and website...thanks
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Devoted Member

my thing is that when i type in cold air intake and search in engines i get all the threads that have the word cold, air or intake in them which is way to many, also, if i want to find a thread that i saw back in june or something and i type the name of it, everything is by date so even if i type the exact name of the thread it wont come up.

HELP!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by s2knott@Nov 25 2006, 06:44 PM
my thing is that when i type in cold air intake and search in engines i get all the threads that have the word cold, air or intake in them
Here is the "advanced method." You can view this dialog by clicking on "Advanced Usage Help," located next to the field that you enter queries in.

Quote:
apple banana*
Find posts that contain at least one of these words

+apple +juice*
Find posts with both words

+apple -juice*
Find posts with 'apple' but not 'juice'

apple** * * * * *
Find posts with 'apple' and/or 'applesauce'

"Some Words"*
Find posts with the phrase 'some words of wisdom', 'some words' but not* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 'some noise words'

So, you want "cold air intake", but not "A/C blows cold air again", or Intake manifolds. So, you can search like this:

+cold +air +intake -manifold -A/C

or

"Cold Air Intake"

Quote:
if i want to find a thread that i saw back in june or something and i type the name of it, everything is by date so even if i type the exact name of the thread it wont come up.
Use the "quote marks" and it will give you the exact thread. I typed in "Ford's Wussification Of U.s. Sedans" and it gave me a post submariner did in 2004 as the only match.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Devoted Member

SWEET! thanks

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Please, type in "3.8L engine specs" and see how many of the 17 pages it produces contain the requested data. If I want SHO, duratech or valcan info I can find it there. I can even find eBay references to Gen 3 parts cars but, no 3.8L engine specs.

Gunnery Sergeant, United States Marine Corps (Retired), SEMPER FI :Salute:

My Garage:
'93 Taurus GL, (Mine) 3.8, Med Royal Blue Metallic Clearcoat, 134K
'93 Taurus LX, (Parts car) 3.8, Purple Metallic Clearcoat, 97,3XXk
'94 Taurus LX, (Wife's) 3.8, (faded) Red Metallic Clearcoat, 150K
'93 Explorer Limited 4.0, Green Metallic Cleercoat, 160K
'93 Explorer Limited 4.0, Green Metallic Clearcoat, 225K, Minor Mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page