Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - View Single Post - The End of My Favorite Bull
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
CtCarl

Send a message via Yahoo to CtCarl
The End of My Favorite Bull

My last D-platform wasn't a Taurus at all, it was an '04 Sable, and in most ways it was the nicest.

But my favorite was still my '00 Bull. I had it for three years, almost to the day, when I was driving past a young lady in a shiny new Bondolla Corolla who was stopped by the side of the road. "No clue what she's up to", I thought, so I moved over to the left lane to give her plenty of room. Just as I pulled abreast, she cranked the wheel to the left to make a U-turn and hit the gas. I hadn't seen her move, so I wasn't sure what I hit, and I didn't feel much, but judging from the noise, I had hit something.

So I put my foot on the brake and hadn't even begun to apply any pressure yet when I heard a terrifying CLANG, like, I don't know, a brake rotor hitting a wind turbine.

I stopped, turned around and went back to find the little Toyopet with its nose bent at an angle, spraying and oozing fluids. Its steel bumper reinforcement was lying in the parking lot of a strip mall about 100 feet away. Apparently it flew through the air and landed there "like the hammers of hell" according to the witness I spoke to.

Pretty much just sheet metal damage to my Bull, but her insurance company totaled it and gave me a check for a piping hot bag of circus peanuts.

Took that check, added about $1,500 and bought a very clean '04 diSabled with low mileage, a floor shifter and a "Driver Information Center".
Just wasn't the same, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrecked.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	208907  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome