Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How To: Roof Spoiler

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  IMBull223 
#1 ·
Since it says I have restricted access to do a new thread over there, I will post it here.
Roof Spoiler 1,244mm long
Here is a quick how to on the roof spoiler.
Unlike me, you will want to wait for a sunny day to do the work. You will need the following if in a cool area.
-Heat Gun ~Maybe a hair dryer will do
-Rubbing Alcohol prep
-Lint free towel
-5 minutes of your time.

1. Get the back glass clean
2. You can use the supplied 'wet nap' pad or I suggest using a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a lint free towel to wipe the top 5-6" of glass all the way across
3. IF WARM AND SUNNY SKIP TO 4. Now you will want to warm up the glass some with a heat gun, or at least a hair dryer to warm the surface of the glass.
4. Peel off about 1/2 of the 3M tape and lay it close to the edge of the glass. Bend the spoiler as it has a flex to it, to allow it to follow the curve of your glass.
5. Peel the rest off and lay it down. Press firm across the new panel to assure a secure fit.
6. COLD WEATHER ONLY Take the heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the panel and tape below to make sure it becomes sticky for a secure fit.
7.DONE. Now admire your new work

After putting mine on I went for a spirited 141 MPH run in the car and it stayed on firm and secure. Check out how beautiful the black matches up. Add style to the SHO.

http://[URL=http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/AdamGTX/media/049_zpsyfirk6w0.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Using UH paint to get it close!

Peel and stick.

See less See more
#5 ·
You may find it ugly, but the OP and others like myself don't. We all have different tastes. ;)

#4 ·
I like it and think it makes the car look sharp. Each to their own, I like it. Thanks for the post.

I am actually thinking about getting one too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.