Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - View Single Post - 2018 World of Wheels -- Chicago, IL.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
bpd1151
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
Well got a surprise phone call this morning, from a 313 area code, and a number which I did not recognize.

Customarily I don't answer such calls, but was in a mood...... boy am I glad I did.

It was a gentlemen from Ford Motor Company Corporate Marketing in Dearborn, inquiring on where I'd like my banners sent to.

Holy hell lemme tell 'ya, despite being awake early (a rarity as a I work a 12hr overnight shift) I instantly sprung up and asked the gentleman to repeat himself. Yep. I wasn't hearing things. Nor was I dreaming.

He mentioned having heard from other Corporate Execs that I was looking for the following banners, which were on display near an official Ford Motor Co. booth at last year's 2017 GIANT Ford National's (pictured).

I confirmed that he was correct. He then proceeded to inquire if my show was this weekend? To which I replied "It is". He said "Well I better hurry up get these out to you then!"..... "I'll FedEx overnight them, and you'll get a confirmation email with tracking info from one of my coworkers".

So then shortly later..... BAM! So the email arrives (pictured).

WOW! I am elated to say the least. Now mind you, this has been a near constant search for these since the 2017 National's. I really wanted to incorporate then into my overall display. It has been exhausting. Most contacts I know at FMC have retired, passed, or moved to other areas of the company and they had no idea how I should proceed.

But enough rattling of the proverbial cages appeared to have paid off.

So very thankful to all those involved and they each know who they were/are. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20180305_235619.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	202378   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20180305_235624.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	202385  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome