Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

ADDING POWER PASSENGER SEAT QUESTIONS

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TAURUS SES GUY 
#1 ·
2001 TAURUS SES 12VALVE

Ok so i found a power passenger seat in the yard.
And want to add it the proper way.
If its like a GM
you would pull both front seats the rear seats the carpet then the main body wiring harness that goes to all the doors
and to the back of there car.
Has any one ever done this in pulling the main body wiring harness?
Yes i could just rig it and run the wires from the DS seat to the PS
but i rather
Use the factory wiring harness i think the car in the yard is a 02 SE.
Any way its the only GEN4 i have ever seen with a power passenger seat

#2 ·
All the Centennials and I think, the Sable LS Premium, featured power passenger seats. I think a lot of gen 4 wagons did too. Seems like a lot of work to install the harness, on my gen 3, I just spliced into the drivers seat. It's your choice, but who's going to know besides you.

#3 ·
Doing it the factory way would be irritating, but possible. You just need to steal the entire seat harness all the way back to the junction box, and possibly do some depinning depending on how they spliced it. It's not a circuit I've worked with. For all I know, it may be routed behind the dash, making it extra annoying. There's a link to the wiring diagrams around here somewhere.

Also @Don, not all LS Premiums got power passenger. 2004 saw that feature deleted, interestingly enough. It's a rather rare feature for some reason. Extremely strange that you found it on a SE trim model.

#6 ·
Should be a plug-&-play! You have an '01?? My '90 has the power-seat wiring beneath the carpeting under BOTH front seats. I've already converted the driver's side to power (swapped the upholstery, laundered it and refurbed it before installation - more comfy than a Lincoln front seat :) ) and have a passenger-side seat mount ready to go...but I need the side trim with the cutouts and fittings for the switch panel) and when I get the last few parts I need, the passenger-side seat goes powered. My car's wiring harness is prepped for both; yours should be as well.

#7 ·
On 4th Gens, due to the seat belt pretensioners, the wiring changed, thus the constant power, ground have to be there. And lucky for you that means no wiring has to be run to add a power passenger seat. Just plug the power passenger seat track in and go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.