What grinds your gears? - Page 11 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 3355 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Tam

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
How I feel when some unthinking imbecile decides they can turn when and where they want, expecting me to slam on my brakes for them.

Meh, my middle finger sure gets exercise down here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 3355 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

This didn't really 'grind my gears', but it did make me facepalm. I'm driving through town, and as I'm passing the car audio place I see this sharp looking G4 out front. Black, smoked tail lights, it looked nice at a distance. So I flip around, thinking I must have found some unknown Taurus enthusiast...nope.

As I got closer, I began to be more horrified than interested. It was a black LX, it was dented in several places with peeling paint (which isn't bad per se, but he's put his money into stupid things), namely a fart can on the exhaust (which looks terrible), black ricer rims with red stripes (on a black car?), cheap Autozone "V6" stickers on the front where the Duratec/SHO engine markers would normally go (though to be honest I think they said V8), he'd moved the LX marker from beside "Taurus" to below it, misaligned and tweaked, and, to top it off, a giant Dallas Cowboys star on the back window. Bright blue.

I drove away as fast as I could. I can't believe he riced out a perfectly good Taurus.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 3355 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
N.E. Chapter Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2005
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 7 reviews
I'd rather see that over one in a junkyard. Even though he went nuts, the car is still someone's. Here, perfectly good traded in cars from the auction are given a death sentence by my junkyard who buys them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L DOHC V6
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 2.5L DOHC I4 (Girlfriend's Car)
2005 Mercury Sable LS Platinum Edition 3.0L DOHC V6 (Beater)
2009 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT 2.4L DOHC I4 (Beater #2 to be sold)
2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L FFV OHV V6 (Winter Beater - Sold)
2006 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L OHV V6 (Sold)

post #104 of 3355 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Yeah, maybe I was a bit harsh on him.

That's kind of the American way anymore, though-if it breaks, replace it rather than fix it.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

post #105 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I'll Be Watching You!

Year: 2007
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 2 reviews
Some more..........

Federal Jury Duty............ I'm the only salary in my house, have a wife and 3 young kids, yet that's not good enough for them to postpone/excuse me. I guess my mortgage, food, medical bills, utilities all will 'just pay themselves'. Then they rope you in for 2 weeks of calling in to see if you have to go. Not only that, but the damn court is 70 miles ONE WAY from my house.

And the other......... after reading some members posts here, on other websites, and just listening to other people talk, I have a BIG pet-peeve. It's not "Needs restored, needs washed, needs vacuumed, need screwed". Needs TO BE washed, needs TO BE restored, needs TO BE vacuumed, needs TO BE screwed. That drives me absolutely nuts when I hear people speak(or type) like that! Come on people .......

John
2007 Pontiac Torrent, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
post #106 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Agreed. Proper English has fallen to Net-speak. It's really sad, because a lot of people can't spell anymore, even with spell check!

2012 Fusion Sport, 56k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune, Steeda 22.5mm RSB, Magnaflow Catback, Enkei Raijin

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
post #107 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Year: 1990
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

All right, I have another....the plural of Taurus is Tauruses. If you all want to be cute and go for a Latin plural, just remember that the plural of raviolus is RAVIOLI. The plural of alumnus is ALUMNI.

ONE FREAKING "I."

NOT TWO "I"s.

TAURII is not a word, it is an abomination against nature. (Going by the mis-used Latin tense, it would insinuate that the word was the plural form of TAURI. What is a Tauri?) If you think it's a freaking word, try PRONOUNCING IT. Good Christ. I cannot STAND the **** of the English language. It is such a precise means of conveying meaning, what with the almost infinite variation of meaning available to the practiced speaker. It is more inflective than any other language, save possibly Latin which few people speak any longer.

End of rant.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter

Last edited by Lgbpop; 03-13-2013 at 05:40 PM.
post #108 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Trader Score: 1 reviews
^ I am guilty of saying Taurii. Never really thought about it until now, Tauri definitely makes more sense.

2012 Fusion Sport, 56k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune, Steeda 22.5mm RSB, Magnaflow Catback, Enkei Raijin

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
post #109 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
N.E. Chapter Moderator

Year: 2005
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 7 reviews
The one thing that bugs me is when people write not only a paragraph, but a paragraph that cuts off in their "Drives" portion of the sidebar. You don't need a story!! Just Year, Make, Model, and engine/tranny if wanted. Color is acceptable too... It just drives me nuts when people write all this info and it cuts off!!!

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L DOHC V6
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 2.5L DOHC I4 (Girlfriend's Car)
2005 Mercury Sable LS Platinum Edition 3.0L DOHC V6 (Beater)
2009 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT 2.4L DOHC I4 (Beater #2 to be sold)
2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L FFV OHV V6 (Winter Beater - Sold)
2006 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L OHV V6 (Sold)

post #110 of 3355 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Year: 1990
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 SEL View Post
^ I am guilty of saying Taurii. Never really thought about it until now, Tauri definitely makes more sense.
No, Tauri makes no sense at all. The plural of Taurus is Tauruses.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page