Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Who's got the white 97 SHO in the Port Orange, FL area?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Lgbpop 
#1 ·
Not really sure if this is an appropriate section.

Last night about 7PM at the Port Orange walmart I saw a fully loaded mint condition white 97 SHO+ slicers, SHO spoiler, and deck body coloring.. Must've been bought from a used car lot recently due to the fact it has a temporary tag; I almost parked next to it but someone beat me to the spot, Good thing though I probably wouldn't noticed a friend of mine from a local car meet parked in the other row..

Just curious if the SHO owner is on this forum, I'm dying to know how much he/she purchased it for and if the cams are welded..

#2 ·
No clue, but I'd sure love to see a pic!

#4 ·
Was checking out a mint 02 SES Sport last week just as the 80 year old owner walked up!! :lol2:

#6 · (Edited)
NEVER rule out an 80-year-old driver as an enthusiast. My dad was the bane of district-court judges in western Massachusetts from 1961 until 2009 (with a seven-year hiatus from 1975-81, inclusive, during which time he became acquainted with the Kennebec County [Maine] judges) when he was finally told at age 83 to sell his turbo Saab, or have his license revoked. He had no unpaid speeding tickets, he just had more than three dozen of them on his record after almost 50 years.:eek:

He bought the 1990 Volvo 240 my wife now drives and loves, after me fixing the stuff Dad wouldn't bother fixing. He told me later that he didn't care how long it took the car to get to 90mph, as long as it got there, and slower acceleration kept the cops happy.

I must admit, after driving the car up and down the East Coast a few times - that car is a blast to drive. RIP, Dad, and thanks for the parting gift ~

#5 ·
Saw the same SHO at the car meet behind steak n shake.. He parked like somewhat away from the meet and disappeared or walked somewhere leaving the car.. Would've been nice if he parked next to me, I hate being the only taurus out there on thursdays XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.