Review: Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Review: Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes

Product Name:
Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes

Price:
Varies, $5 retail, I paid $4.

Description:
It cleans and protects leather.

The Review:
Traditionally I've bought Armor All leather wipes, but the store had a sale on these and they had more wipes (25 total) than the AA variant, so I figured I'd give them a try.

The product smells nice upon opening. The wipes themselves feel a little cheaper than the ArmorAll wipes, which were more of a mesh. Application is straightforward, and I noticed that the residue washed off my hands easily afterward, a plus.

The AA wipes usually turned black where they were pulling dirt/gunk off of the wheel and shift knob, but I didn't notice that on these, so I'm not sure how much cleaning they did.

I ended up having to drive about an hour after application. There was some residue still on the wheel, but not a ton, and to me it wasn't overly slippery.

By the next morning the product had dried properly, and left the leather feeling nice and supple. While I didn't see any dirt come off on the wipe, the leather does feel nice and clean.

Pics:

The shift knob has always had a little more gloss than the wheel, so no, the product didn't make it glossy.
(Yes, the knob is genuine leather. Yes, that shift surround is genuine metal)

When applying it seemed impossible not to get some on the 9 and 3 positions of the wheel, which you'll note has made the vinyl center a bit shiny.

Pros: Effective, safe, smells nice enough.

Cons:
Wipes themselves feel a bit cheap. I was picking fuzzy strands off the wheel for the first little bit, the wipe kinda came apart as it was used. I think scrubbing the stitching with it was the main issue.

Verdict: Overall, I feel it does give the leather a better feel than the ArmorAll did, but it may not have cleaned as well. You might want to try a cleaner and then use this as a top coat.

Note that I don't have leather seats, so I can't speak to the effectiveness of it on those.

Disclaimer: Not liable for any injury, property damage, theft, fire, accidents, loss of dry hands, hives, allergies, greasy fingers, videos of you sniffing your leather ending up online, or any other effects that may occur should you choose to follow this review.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Two months later and the wheel still feels great. Lasts much longer than the ArmorAll.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern
Year: 2002
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Review: Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes

I've used the same product when I had my impala. Had the polish version instead of the wipes. It works amazing. I still have some left. I've used it on the couch in my living room with the same great results

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

I reapplied it in August, wheel still feels great. I've been recommending this stuff to others now.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 12:23 AM

Chapter: Southern

Garage
I just used the spray version of Meguiars Interior/Leather cleaning in my 350z and it works pretty well. The leather is a lot more moist and soft now, plus it smells really nice.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 11:36 PM

Chapter: Northeast

Good product I used the gel version with a micro fiber cleaning cloth. Which reminds me I need a mid winter refresh when I get home. I highly recommend Mothers and/or Meguiars for most of my vehicle cleaning needs, exterior, interior, paint, etc...especially leather.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 1 reviews
^ Don't forget Adam's polishes/products...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page