Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Centennial - 50K miles

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ben 
#1 ·
Here's a picture of my Centennial. Purchased last year with 43K miles on it. Getting ready this weekend to put new Monroe Quik Struts on it. Any advice on replacing these struts would be appreciated. I do not live in an area of the country where salt is used and therefore the pinch bolts should come out just fine.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice Centennial! I see that you're in the Pacific Northwest too, I'll add you to the roster...

Go slow with the struts, trying to rush anything with cars will almost guarantee failure in the future.

#7 ·
Go slow for sure. I have been studying up on how to replace. Seems pretty straight forward. There was a great post on this site with detailed instructions on the rear struts. Great YouTube video for front strut replacement.
Rear struts (on the Gen 4) are super easy... right up until the pinch bolt snaps. You lucky non-salters should have no problem doing it yourself.

#8 ·
Lucky...what a good find!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.