3.0L 12V Timing Cover Coolant Leak Repair - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:49 AM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
NICE VIDEO! I know this is an older thread so, i'm hoping you guys are still here to answer questions on this subject. my manual says to pull the oil pan and i fear I have the tan gasket you warned about. so here's my question... If I'm not pulling the heads like you did but, pulling the oil pan do i need to remove the exhaust to get the oil pan out of there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdchangerguy View Post
Thanks! Fortunately my leak turned out to be an oil leak from the Bank 1 valve cover gasket. It's minor so I'll leave it for now.
Yeah my valve cover leaks too but, why do they always have to drip on the exhaust pipe!
kekaye56 likes this.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:56 AM

Year: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapfaff View Post
NICE VIDEO! I know this is an older thread so, i'm hoping you guys are still here to answer questions on this subject. my manual says to pull the oil pan and i fear I have the tan gasket you warned about. so here's my question... If I'm not pulling the heads like you did but, pulling the oil pan do i need to remove the exhaust to get the oil pan out of there?
Yes unless you remove the oil pump as someone posted. I can’t find it right now.

Born on 10/99 2000 SVG Vulcan 141,000 miles. Tranny rebuilt at 92,000.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdchangerguy View Post
Yes unless you remove the oil pump as someone posted. I canít find it right now.
Well, i did the job, I did not pull the oil pan. I had the tan gasket on there, a little chunk ripped off and stuck to the timing cover that i was able to salvage but, after cleaning it and the metal part of the oil pan gasket with brake clean solvent via Q-tip i used some permatex gasket maker to glue it back in place and let that set up over night. the next day i cleaned up all the gasket stuck on the other surfaces used that gasket maker around the coolant ports on the block and glued the water pump gasket onto the water pump with it and let that setup over night. i assembled the next day after work, changing front seal etc. I got it all together and put in new oil/filter and coolant, fired it up and no more leaks of any kind (except valve covers a little). Truthfully, if i hadn't have done a lot of work on it last summer i'd have poisoned it with bars leak and traded it off. but, i had ...replaced all 4 struts and spring assemblies, all 4 wheel total brake job, stabilizer bar struts, inner and outer tie rods, got it aligned and put new tires on it. now it's a great running, riding car again with 131,450 miles that always ran Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. all i need to do now is valve cover gaskets.
sheila likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page