Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

2014 Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA

77K views 476 replies 40 participants last post by  rubix 
#1 ·
Yes, you read that correctly. 2014! Next year.

I enjoyed myself at the 2013 Ford nationals, but there was one little problem. I was the only Gen 4 Taurus there! There was a 2013 SEL, but other than some SHOs, that was it!

Seeing how a number of the other car clubs have this set up, I'd love to get a tent of the Taurus enthusiast clubs together. I want to have a very decent sized turn out of bulls!

Obviously, this takes time to plan... hence why I am starting this thread now. Being that this isn't for another year, we can totally get something planned.

If you are interested in making this trip next year, please begin looking into this. $55* is the fee for registration for cars to be on the show field. Start saving now!

It does not matter if the car is stock, slightly modified, or heavily modified... I encourage everyone to come. All I ask is that you detail the heck out of the car before bringing it out.

So again, this could be our one major meet for the year, that if we end up getting enough people to turn out, would be a really good time. I will be happier than heck to plan and lead this, but the interest and turnout has got to be there for this to go anywhere. I will update this with cost for a tent, and if we could have some raffles and other attractions for our members, this would be ideal!

If you are a Taurus or Sable owner interested in this, please post here. Five Hundreds, Freestyles, and Taurus Xs are always welcome too!

Suggestions are always welcome.

* 2013 Fee

See less See more
#7 ·
I'd like to go for sure. Still think we should have some sort of small meet this fall at some point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
We are going to try and get a club spot on the infield for the Ecoboost Owners Forum, and I know you guys would be more then welcome to join us in the infield (if you'd like) next year...I will keep you updated as the process to get a club spot progresses...

#10 ·
It would be a really great time, and for those who have never attended a Carlisle event, it is truly amazing what you will see. Spring Carlisle is wild...I swear if you need a running light for a '32 Hutmobile you will be able to find it at Carlisle!
Seriously, I did get a bunch of information on hotels in the Carlisle/Harrisburg area and also since these are normally reserved year after year, I could do some leg work in an area a little further away from the event, since my home is only about 70 miles from Carlisle...

#11 ·
wow

Yes, you read that correctly. 2014! Next year.

I enjoyed myself at the 2013 Ford nationals, but there was one little problem. I was the only Gen 4 Taurus there! There was a 2013 SEL, but other than some SHOs, that was it!

Seeing how a number of the other car clubs have this set up, I'd love to get a tent of the Taurus enthusiast clubs together. I want to have a very decent sized turn out of bulls!

Obviously, this takes time to plan... hence why I am starting this thread now. Being that this isn't for another year, we can totally get something planned.

If you are interested in making this trip next year, please begin looking into this. $55* is the fee for registration for cars to be on the show field. Start saving now!

It does not matter if the car is stock, slightly modified, or heavily modified... I encourage everyone to come. All I ask is that you detail the heck out of the car before bringing it out.

So again, this could be our one major meet for the year, that if we end up getting enough people to turn out, would be a really good time. I will be happier than heck to plan and lead this, but the interest and turnout has got to be there for this to go anywhere. I will update this with cost for a tent, and if we could have some raffles and other attractions for our members, this would be ideal!

If you are a Taurus or Sable owner interested in this, please post here. Five Hundreds, Freestyles, and Taurus Xs are always welcome too!

Suggestions are always welcome.

* 2013 Fee
I don't live that far from there. last time I was there I did not see any Taurus. that was like in 2008 cool to see that some one that is a user on here goes there

#13 ·
You mean like one website, or...? I know some of the guys over at TSOC won't be keen on that idea, if that's what you were thinking...

#14 ·
Basically at the event, I want to get all the Taurus and Sable owners in one spot... regardless of club.

And I want to have people plan so we get a good turn out, and so that if travel distance were to be an issue, planning for it can make it less daunting.

#15 ·
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with TSOC.

#16 ·
Who cares what forum you are from, the whole point of Paul's post was to bring all us Taurus and Sable lovers together so we can show our cars to the world and to each other.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#17 ·
Who cares what forum you are from, the whole point of Paul's post was to bring all us Taurus and Sable lovers together so we can show our cars to the world and to each other.
I just didn't know what he was talking about, I wasn't sure if he was talking about linking the websites together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
It was just an idea that we could all share an infield space at the show...so that the Taurus and Sable owners who use these forums could interact with each other, besides I know several of the guys from Ecoboost Owners are also members here, so I thought it would be cool if we could share a club space, maybe making it easier to get the numbers required to get a decent spot for the show....

I'm certainly not snobby (nor are the other guys) about sharing space with other Taurus/Sable guys...me especially since I do own both!

#19 ·
Yes, that is all I wanted. To just get everyone all together. If it were to cause issues, which would be pretty unfortunate, we won't. But the idea would just be to get all the cars and owners together for a good time.

#20 ·
Yes, that is all I wanted. To just get everyone all together.

But the idea would just be to get all the cars and owners together for a good time.
Completely agree. I could care less what forum, or club, or wth ever people associate themselves with.......

The commonality is obviously our collective love for the Taurus / Sable platform(s).

#23 ·
Daily Driver wrote:

"There was a 2013 SEL"

That was me.. I really hope for more participation next year...if we can get enough a tent cost can be split.

SHO forum, TCCA/TSOC/Taurus.net I think we can get enough people to get at least one tent maybe even two. Taurus/Sable/SHO can join on the field as one big group.

#25 ·
Oh well cool! I saw another member's car! I am assuming you didn't see mine though.

Yes, more participation.

Also posting this here from the other thread.
For your review and reference........I copied this from MY OWN post on the SHO FORUM for those thinking of attending 2014 Ford nationals here are some approximate mileage distance charts from Carlisle, PA.

Listed by Distance rounded to nearest 25 mile scale. Depending on your location the actual mileage might be a little more or less.

Frederick, MD 75MI
Washington, DC 125MI
Fredericksburg, VA 175MI
Pittsburgh, PA 200MI
Norfolk, VA 300MI
Buffalo, NY 325MI
Boston, MA 400MI
Portland, ME 500MI
Detroit, MI 500MI
Charlotte, NC 500MI
Indianapolis, IN 550MI
Chicago, IL 675MI
St, Louis, MO 800MI
Jacksonville, FL 825MI

Reactions: mjhpadi
#29 ·
We are trying to get some initial plans together to make the reservation as a club for the show...It looks like we are also considering getting a tent for the show, if we have enough people. I know it seems early, but time flies. Tent cost is $175.00 and we're not sure how to raise the money to cover the cost...but we would like to get enough people registered to make sure we have a club space for Taurus/Sables including SHO in the infield...I know how the weather can be here in central Pennsylvania, so having a tent would be very nice. Also we would like to keep all those who want to join us in the infield updated as the plans progress. Also any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#30 ·
I llike the idea. I believe the way it works it one person pays for the tent and everyone pays them. So it is up to our honesty and self policing to pay for the tent....$175 divided by 5 is $35 per person obviously the more the merrier and cheaper but that is a good baseline price.

I realize a bit soon but as it gets closer we can also designate people to bring items.......One person for grills, one for plates/napkins/flatware...one person for condiments....etc They sell bags of ice on the fairgrounds for $5.00 per bag.... walking distance from this years parking area but if it is a walk we can take a short vehicle trip over to the ice locker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.