Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - View Single Post - Possible Thought For Rotb 2010
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
animex2
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to animex2
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Jun 11 2009, 11:47 AM)
Quote:
Well, here's the thing: you are only including a few expenses.

You have to consider that you've got registration at $80, a hotel room that might cost you $30-40 a night if you split 4 ways, but you also have gas and food expenses as well. Depending on where you live, that adds up.

So for someone like me to drive up to the convention, I'd be spending $80 on registration, at least $200 on a hotel, at least $150 in food, and about another $200 in fuel costs.

That's at least $630 dollars for a 5 day event without any optional stuff like the car show, tshirts, road coarse, etc.

That's not affordable at all for a student like myself working and going to school. That's a hefty chunk of money that can be spent in many other needed ways.

I'm not trying to say that it's ridiculously expensive, but "affordable" differs widely depending on many factors[/b]
Im only including the "few" expenses because everything else is a given, no matter where you go or what it is, your going to have to pay for a hotel room or campground. No matter where you go, your going to have to pay for food. And no matter where you go, you are paying for the gas to get there. Those expenses are a given, and they cant be raised or drop by the people hosting the event, you get what im saying? If you cant afford to take a 5 day trip then dont blame the people hosting the convention saying its not affordable when its the given things you cant afford. (note this is NOT a personal attack to anyone)

If making it affordable to you means having it close to you so you do not have to pay for a hotel room and gas and everything, then that will make it not affordable to someone else. Thats why they try to plan it in regions that will have the highest turnout, so it will be affordable to more people.

Point im trying to make is - If the location is the only thing making it unaffordable, dont say "oh thats way to expensive for me to go to that, what are they crazy?" beacuse that makes it look like its the host's are charging way too much when thats not whats going on. And no matter where it is hosted, there will always be someone who is unhappy.

2003 Green with Metallic Clearcoat 4.7l High Output Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

1994 White 3.0 MTX SHO

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome