Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum - View Single Post - Stumbling Duratec
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 07:43 PM
bull geek
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
Quote:
I have a ScanGauge by Linear Logic installed on my dash and all I have to do is push a button while running down the road to display any stored codes. All it says is "No Codes Found" and "-Ready-" but maybe I should try the reader at the shop Tuesday and see if they both agree. Being an older car guy I do not like to be stumped by my own car, yet I guess it happens to everybody, and sometimes more than once. I'll keep you informed on my progress. Thanks all.
[/b]
Heh, I have one too...ScanGaugeII. The scangauge doesn't pick up pending codes though, only ones that cause the check engine light to turn on. I wish LinerLogic would have built that into the ScanGauge II (pending codes), but maybe in the next model they will.

A little young to have a COP fail, but it's certainly not unheard of...and the repair isn't too tough as long as it's on cylinders 4-6

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome