Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

My Rotb Pictures

8K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  sean t. 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What exact model is your camera...I might be in the market for a new camera :(

#3 ·
Mine is a Canon EOS 20D. It's been out of production for almost 2 years, so they can be had on the cheap used (how I got mine).

It's the lenses, flashes, and whatnot where things can begin to get pricey.

I do have the pictures you took, they made it onto my laptop.

#4 ·
Mine is a Canon EOS 20D. It's been out of production for almost 2 years, so they can be had on the cheap used (how I got mine).

It's the lenses, flashes, and whatnot where things can begin to get pricey.

I do have the pictures you took, they made it onto my laptop.
[/b]

its not the pictures I'm worried about..there was only a handful. lol

#6 ·
#18 ·
you guys seem to know alot about cameras... any comments on the Nikon D40X?

#19 ·
The D40x is Nikon's equivalent for the Canon Rebel XTi. Very similar features; each has its pros and cons. Essentially, good for an intro level DSLR Photographer on a limited budget. However, personally I'd stick with Canon, but what you'll see is that photographers in the Canon/Nikon debate are like car owners in the Ford/Chevy debate: you always think your brand is better and you never buy the other one...

#21 ·
The D40x is Nikon's equivalent for the Canon Rebel XTi. Very similar features; each has its pros and cons. Essentially, good for an intro level DSLR Photographer on a limited budget. However, personally I'd stick with Canon, but what you'll see is that photographers in the Canon/Nikon debate are like car owners in the Ford/Chevy debate: you always think your brand is better and you never buy the other one...
[/b]
ok, yeah that's pretty much what I've heard. My friend had a D40x and my parents promised to get me a camera for my birthday so it can't be terribly expensive, but needs to good enough for college. I think they were planning on getting me like a $200 camera, so when I took them to the store to browse they were pretty suprised when I walked them over to the DSLRs.... The D40x is under budget, but I'd like to get a good warranty and some lenses too.

#23 ·
... like a mega-zoom (telephoto?) lens and a fisheye lens... about how much are those?

or, if not a fisheye lens, at least a wide angle lens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.