Paint correction: 2009 Dodge Challenger RT - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Paint correction: 2009 Dodge Challenger RT

This client came to me by way of friendship. He's an old friend, chief of police in a nearby city, and he's in our local Mopar club. It had been a couple years since he's had this baby done "right." And since the beginning of Insane Paint, he KNEW where to bring it this time. I'm always VERY grateful when my clients are friends, I don't know why, it just means a lot to me. Anyway, I found the clearcoat on this particular Dodge, to be a bit harder than most I've polished in the past, so it fought me a bit more. Here's how it went down:
Gettin' started on the wheels & undercarriage:

After wash, got right down to surface prep:

Upon inspecting surface......was worse than I thought.....

Swirls everywhere:

Taped off the vinyl, time to get down to business:

Quick 50/50 shot of my progress on the passenger door:

Door fully polished out:

50/50 shot on the trunk lid:

Another angle on the the trunk lid:

This is what you do to your paint when you wash it with a dirty wash pad and use cheap microfiber towels to wipe it down:

Here's after I fully polished it:

Final shots:

It's all "good on the hood" lmao......

In case you're wondering why I had all the coatings on the fender wells. This client was very concerned about them, and they honestly were a good bit "dried & dead" so I wanted the end product to not only be nourished, but a bit glossy as well. The multiple coats I put on them, laid a good foundation for him to tend to, in his maintenance procedures going forward.

A few last reflection shots!

Thanks a ton for reading! If you have any questions! Shoot em over!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owner & Master Detailer of Insane Paint Auto Detailing ~ Birmingham, AL
Garage Queen - '06 SRT426 Charger: Modified beyond belief, the right way, by the right builders

Wife's - 2013 SHO: A couple things done
Shop Truck - 2013 F150: "Root Beer"

Adam's Polishes Product Representative
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Came out great...I cringed yesterday when I saw my neighbor washing their new black Dodge Dart with a nylon bristle brush on the paint...I can't imagine the swirls and scratches they have on the finish already...

2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/EBC Yellowstuff Pads
2013 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Southeast

Eeeeeewwwh!! Did you make a stink face too?? LOL. NONE of my neighbors have A CLUE on proper wash methods. WHATSOEVER. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owner & Master Detailer of Insane Paint Auto Detailing ~ Birmingham, AL
Garage Queen - '06 SRT426 Charger: Modified beyond belief, the right way, by the right builders

Wife's - 2013 SHO: A couple things done
Shop Truck - 2013 F150: "Root Beer"

Adam's Polishes Product Representative
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page