This client came to me by way of friendship. He's an old friend, chief of police in a nearby city, and he's in our local Mopar club. It had been a couple years since he's had this baby done "right." And since the beginning of Insane Paint, he KNEW where to bring it this time. I'm always VERY grateful when my clients are friends, I don't know why, it just means a lot to me. Anyway, I found the clearcoat on this particular Dodge, to be a bit harder than most I've polished in the past, so it fought me a bit more. Here's how it went down:
- Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, Adam's Boars Hair Brush, & Adam's Firehose Nozzle on the engine bay
- Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner, Adam's Turbo stick, & Adam's Boars Hair Brush on the wheels
- Adam's All Purpose Cleaner & Adam's Fender Brush on the wheel wells
- Full two-bucket wash with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, Jumbo Wash Pads, & 3oz. of Adam's All Purpose Cleaner to help strip old wax & contaminants
- Blow dry engine bay with MetroVac Sidekick blaster
- Adam's Clay Bar, Adam's Detail Spray, & Adam's Great White Drying Towel to get all other surface contaminants off
- Taped off the vinyl stripes with Adam's Detailing Masking Tape
- Tried a combo on this car I've had success with before but doesn't always work....just so happens it did this time!! Adam's Severe Swirl Remover & Green pad = 2-4 passes, & Adam's Fine Machine Polish & White pad = 1 pass (All done with Flex 3401)
- Nourish engine bay with Adam's SVRT & Adam's In/Out Spray & Block sponge
- Soak the super chalky fender wells with a first healthy coating of my personal blend of SVRT "Milk" (60%SVRT & 40%water)
- Alcohol wipedown entire vehicle
- Apply Adam's Quick Sealant to entire vehicle
- Light mist of 2nd coat of SVRT "Milk" to fender wells
- Adam's Detail Spray & Adam's Singlesoft Towel to final wipedown wheels
- Nourish tires with Adam's SVRT
- Clean exterior glass with Adam's Glass Cleaner
- Final top-off fender wells with a Block Sponge & Adam's Undercarriage Spray
- Apply 2nd coat of Adam's Quick Sealant to front bumper
- Coat rest of vehicle in Adam's Americana Paste Wax
- All sealant & wax removed with Adam's Doublesoft Microfiber towel
- Nourish all exterior plastics, windshield cowl, etc. with Adam's SVRT
Gettin' started on the wheels & undercarriage:
After wash, got right down to surface prep:
Upon inspecting surface......was worse than I thought.....
Taped off the vinyl, time to get down to business:
Quick 50/50 shot of my progress on the passenger door:
Door fully polished out:
50/50 shot on the trunk lid:
Another angle on the the trunk lid:
This is what you do to your paint when you wash it with a dirty wash pad and use cheap microfiber towels to wipe it down:
Here's after I fully polished it:
It's all "good on the hood" lmao......
In case you're wondering why I had all the coatings on the fender wells. This client was very concerned about them, and they honestly were a good bit "dried & dead" so I wanted the end product to not only be nourished, but a bit glossy as well. The multiple coats I put on them, laid a good foundation for him to tend to, in his maintenance procedures going forward.
A few last reflection shots!
Thanks a ton for reading! If you have any questions! Shoot em over!