This was a VERY interesting client. He came to me THROUGH a local hotrod builder, but had the builder bring me the car. This Chevelle was actually delivered by the shop owner after he installed a new Vintage Air system in it. The car was actually built by another shop in Tennessee, but the client just moved to Alabama. He's been burned in the past, quite badly, so Tim (shop owner here in town, that delivered me the car) are out to win him over. You'll find out if that happened at at the end of this writeup!! For the budget, we were shooting for about 85% correct. Here's how the bomb got built:
- Clean wheels with Adam's Waterless Wash & Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner
- Clean tires with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner & Adam's Fender Brush
- Clean vehicle with Adam's Waterless Wash & Waterless Wash towels
- Adam's Clay Bar, Adam's Detail Spray, & Adam's Single Soft towel on entire vehicle
- Taped up vehicle with Adam's Detailer's Tape & 2" blue painters tape
- Used Flex 3401, Adam's Green Pad, & another compound to make 3-4 passes on all panels
- Adam's Metal Polish #1 & #2 on bumpers & wheels, with Adam's Metal Polish 4" focus pad
- Alcohol wipedown vehicle
- Protect entire vehicle with Adam's Machine Super Sealant on Adam's Gray pad & Flex 3401 on speed 2
- Initial buff & final "cured" buff with Adam's Doublesoft Towel & Adam's Detail Spray
- Nourish tires with Adam's SVRT
- Wipedown fender wells with Adam's Waterless Wash & dirty job towel
- Vacuum interior
- Clean seats, console, and door panels with Adam's Leather/Interior Cleaner
- Nourish dash, seats, & doors with Adam's Leather Conditioner
- Quick wipedown in engine bay with Adam's Detail Spray & dirty job towel, and nourish a few hoses with Adam's SVRT
- Clean interior & exterior glass with Adam's Glass Cleaner & Towel
ON TO THE PICS!!! Here's how this poor baby arrived
Kicked off the party:
Driver's lower door before:
Driver's lower door after:
Makin' some progress on the trunk:
I don't know if it was the car, but I was even feelin' "old school" on my music this day, lol....
Couple shots of me "throwin' down, lol:
Love the little Metabo for areas like these:
Hittin' those bumpers with the good stuff!
After compounding/polishing, time for a quick wipe with a Singlesoft towel & IPA mix, to prep for the sealant:
I don't normally get to use this sealant, due to the cure time, but I had this car overnight so I was STOKED to "lay it down"
Interior loved with my fave 1-2 punch!
Untreated vs. Treated:
Quickies of the engine bay, didn't spend much time in here, but HAD to show this, otherwise I'd have been SCOLDED!!!