The White Falcon's 2010 Taurus SEL (Jill) - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 0 reviews
RT43 I've heard nothing but good things about.

And I love that gauge package in the 2010-12 models. So beautiful.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

For the price they were hard to beat, and rated pretty highly in that size on Tire Rack.

The only thing I donít like about the cluster design is the chrome trim around the gauges - it tends to reflect sun back into the driverís eyes.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
To the best of my knowledge, no. It’s at 79k, so the first item on the list is a coolant flush, and a trans service.

Then, I’ll have to replace the current tires. Snow tires are a bit loud.
Congratulations for the vehicle

Which trans service would be needed?
I need to finish reading the owners manual and also to check what are the main items to be reviewed

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

The prior owner had hooligans in the back, so on top of the seats and headliner being filthy when I looked at it (Dealership got it 90% clean, there's still spots I have to touch up) the rear air vent louver controls were broken, so I finally ordered a replacement for $25 on eBay.

Finding Light Stone interior parts for this thing is harder than you'd expect - it seems most of the cars were ordered with the black interiors. I want to replace that armrest, where the pleather's cracking at the elbow resting spot, but I've struggled to find a decent one and may end up breaking down and buying a new one. (they're like $140)

I do have some mods in the planning stages, and I've had my first mechanical issue pop up - the driver door actuator/latch assembly is starting to go out. Works every time with the key, so I'm not rushing to change it, but it's on the list.
sheila likes this.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Got the full set (including the rear) for $50 shipped, new old stock, so I'm happy.
sheila likes this.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page