Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
Funny about that first code staying in our memories and getting used in subsequent vehicles, I do exactly the same thing.
Sign of old age or experience. Pick one!! Or both in my case.
As for me, change only when needed. Not for the sake of "change".

-chart-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
Still checking out my Taurus, just bought. Going to order some stuff from RA and wanted to know what it might need. Pulled a front plug and found it was replaced as well as the plug wires. Wires Autolite Professional and look very new, not even dust on them. Not fond of Autolite but they should do for many miles. Parked it in the garage at the apartment overnight so it would be cold. Plan to get it registered first of the week and then inspected before I mess with anything and mess up the "ready for inspection" system.

My plug wrench is somewhere, likely in storage so I bough one for $1 at a garage sale yesterday. Put masking tape over the end of the extensions so I did not risk dropping the socket or separating an extension and having to fish that out. Some of us learn from or mistakes.

-chart-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PlugG5-19s.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	208657  
sheila likes this.
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Model: Ford Taurus

Garage
Same here when it comes to picking numbers. I still use my original ATM card security code for a lot of things. That bank account is history so no worries.

Nice find on the Taurus Chart. Third Bull is 16 yrs old, 133K on it, and it still runs well. This summer's project is tires and struts. Will have my mechanic check it all out for me. Ride just seems a little rough at time. Maybe it's just all the potholes in PA. I just hope he doesn't find any rust.

I think I may retire next year and move out to UT. Would love to drive out there, make it my last shot at seeing the country. Sometimes I see a nice Flex wagon for sale and start daydreaming, but then reality sets in and I realize keeping the Bull is the best thing.

What greater freedom than not knowing where you're going or why ?

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

If you know where you're going, it's travel. If you don't, it's an adventure.

All I need is coffee and mascara.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDTRUCKCHASER View Post
Same here when it comes to picking numbers. I still use my original ATM card security code for a lot of things. That bank account is history so no worries.

Nice find on the Taurus Chart. Third Bull is 16 yrs old, 133K on it, and it still runs well. This summer's project is tires and struts. Will have my mechanic check it all out for me. Ride just seems a little rough at time. Maybe it's just all the potholes in PA. I just hope he doesn't find any rust.

I think I may retire next year and move out to UT. Would love to drive out there, make it my last shot at seeing the country. Sometimes I see a nice Flex wagon for sale and start daydreaming, but then reality sets in and I realize keeping the Bull is the best thing.

This car was from Newport PA, bought new at Duncannon. Location up in the mountains between those two towns. Bought new at the Ford place in Duncannon.
As to PA roads: I-81 to Scranton, I-380 to I-80 and I-80 to Delaware Water Gap. Average about 50 mph. Paving spots about each 5-10 miles, and traffic on the emergency lane. Took about 15 minutes to blend I-380 to I-80. Winter was not kind to those roads.

-chart-
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
The Taurus today, took all papers to the DMV and got it registered and sales tax paid. Plates are on the car and sticker in the window. Now to get it inspected. Daughter borrowed the wagon 11 days ago and drove it 1200 miles in that time. Another 200 mile trip Wednesday. I need to get it back in my use and let her have the Taurus. I like my wagon.

-chart-
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartmaker View Post
The Taurus today, took all papers to the DMV and got it registered and sales tax paid. Plates are on the car and sticker in the window. Now to get it inspected. Daughter borrowed the wagon 11 days ago and drove it 1200 miles in that time. Another 200 mile trip Wednesday. I need to get it back in my use and let her have the Taurus. I like my wagon.

-chart-
Slid under today and inspected what I can see. A/C compressor has been replaced recently, pulley still has black paint in the grooves. Clutch not like OE, no rubber springs. Oil pan gasket looks new, very clean and no sign of oil leaks. BJ and sway links look very good, jacked up and push/pull on tires and no sign of slack. Posted elsewhere about the tires and I will rotate them front to back after inspection.

-chart-
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartmaker View Post
Slid under today and inspected what I can see. A/C compressor has been replaced recently, pulley still has black paint in the grooves. Clutch not like OE, no rubber springs. Oil pan gasket looks new, very clean and no sign of oil leaks. BJ and sway links look very good, jacked up and push/pull on tires and no sign of slack. Posted elsewhere about the tires and I will rotate them front to back after inspection.

-chart-
Passed inspection. No issue. Quick alignment paper done. Front camber tick off center to negative, identical side to side. Toe dead center. Rear toe dead center, camber center to tick negative. Bit of delay at Sears. They had very rusty Dodge pickup and it would not start. I heard them try and it would try over and over but just not go. They called the owner and told her they could gas it or push it outside. Owner said it is likely out of gas. Duhhhh! Anyway I will add about half turn "toe in" myself when I rotate tires. I prefer toe in. Handle better.
-chart-
sheila likes this.

Last edited by chartmaker; 05-08-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page