The White Falcon's 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe (Holly) - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Bought some closed-cell foam today (designed for cars and boats-3/8 by 3/8 size) and fixed the passenger taillight seal. I may have goofed a bit-I'm going to wash it and watch it-but the top seal is good. It's just a small bit where I left a bit too big of a gap.

It looks fine, though. Not hillbilly.

Should have snapped a pic of the lighting it was in today, but the lights really add something to the car. It looks much more...menacing?

From the rear, at least.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM

Chapter: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post

definitely a good look! and I think "stealth" is the word I would use...

Vince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O H I O
post #23 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Yeah, that might be one word you could use.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.

post #24 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

A 1996 Lincoln Continental sacrificed its shifter knob to me yesterday.

Poor thing had seen better days. Gray leather, black button, black collar. I'll swap the chrome parts onto mine. Maybe.

Saw only one Bull with more than 200k on the clock (Gen 3's and 4's), this Vulcan model. Must have suffered a trans failure.

Odd they'd leave a pretty new looking gasket. Had the column shift and fleet console-man, that thing was weird!

Pics from the game.

They opened the roof and back wall about ten minutes after this last pic.

post #25 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Took a little time to clean it up-the Continental's driver door had been open for a while, and the interior was absolutely filthy (digidash was completely covered over by a layer of dirt). I like it better than the black knob. It originally had a black button and stalk, but I swapped the parts from the other Continental knob.

I'd consider a Continental as my next car if it didn't have that stinking AX4N...

post #26 of 203 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Okay, Holly's getting new speakers now! I happened to glance on Amazon and found a great deal on some Pioneer speakers. I just scored four speakers and the Metra adapter kits for the four for $60.90. (I've got Prime Student, so shipping was free)

I had some discount I didn't know about that knocked $16 off the price. Even without it, $76 was a good deal.

These are the speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-G6844R-G-Series-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B0065XBGCC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Reviews on Crutchfield said this works well with the Mach setup and delivers more bass, so I'm pleased as punch!

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the discount was the exact amount of the two wiring adapter kits. Maybe Amazon has a deal where you get them for free when you buy the speakers?

Last edited by The White Falcon; 05-06-2013 at 12:27 PM.
post #27 of 203 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Ben
I Drive A Fuze

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
EDIT: As far as I can tell, the discount was the exact amount of the two wiring adapter kits. Maybe Amazon has a deal where you get them for free when you buy the speakers?
Perhaps with those speakers, but when I bought mine it was not like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Fusion Sport, 56k miles, White Platinum Tri-coat. Every option except nav. 28% tint, Diode Dynamics LEDs, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 octane SCT Tune, Steeda 22.5mm RSB, Magnaflow Catback, Enkei Raijin

[SOLD]2004 SEL Premium, 72,700 miles, Vibrant White. 35% Tint, K&N Panel filter, Remote Start, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, JVC KW-R800BT, Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014

The Toy
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert, White, T5, built motor/driveline, race suspension, fast/loud as f*ck
post #28 of 203 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

That's just it, I can't find any kind of mention of a 'discount', but it was applied once I bought it.

post #29 of 203 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Has It Been That Long?

Speakers and other stuff came today. Boy, was that a busy mail day...

Yawn...

Hmm....

The only Chrysler these fit is the PT Cruiser, and only the rear speakers. The only Nissan is the original Quest that was also the Villager. Knowing that Ford evidently made the audio (and we know they made the cluster) it makes me wonder just how much of the van was Nissan's idea...

Oh boy!

Forgot to snap pics of the fronts. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Metra adapters things went smoothly. It's not a whole lot louder nor more powerful, but it is a little cleaner overall. And given that I'd been having intermittent issues with the right rear speaker, they needed to be replaced anyway.

As for the other thing:

post #30 of 203 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Midwest

THX LaserDisk! I'm so jealous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page