Sousa632's 2001 Duratec Sable LS Premium Wagon - Page 53 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #521 of 526 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Plastidip the grille and call it the DeathStar.
sheila likes this.

thefranchise713

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 526 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Year: 2007

Trader Score: 2 reviews
More work on Frankenstein today. I bought new ball joints for the front because the drivers side was making a ton of racket. Turns out what I thought was the strut mount "bonging" when turning ended up being the ball joint which was binding up the LCA. I only had enough time today to do the driver side, so next weekend I'm going to do the other side.

While I was in there, the axle has been clicking slightly at almost full lock, the ABS tone ring came loose and the outer boot is torn...…. so I bought a replacement. Out with the old(you can see the new BJ in there already)

and in with the new

No more noises I also gave both cars a MUCH needed bath with all the rain we've been getting I haven't been able to in weeks. Onward and upward...… but now I need to find out why I'm getting a P0456. I replaced the gas cap already but I have a feeling it's either the vapor lines cause they were in bad shape, or that lovely filler tube. All in due time.
sheila likes this.

John
2007 Pontiac Torrent, 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Last edited by sousa632; 09-30-2018 at 08:20 PM.
post #523 of 526 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:11 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
John...regarding the P0456 - don't forget that miserable little plastic tee up under the left side of the radiator, which is valved and controls the flow of vapors to the charcoal tank in front of the LF wheel behind the fender. Those things break in a high breeze after twenty years. Your wagon's later than mine, may not have it...but I bet it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post

While I was in there, the axle has been clicking slightly at almost full lock, the ABS tone ring came loose and the outer boot is torn...…. so I bought a replacement. Out with the old(you can see the new BJ in there already)

and in with the new

John, what brand of half-axle did you install? Hope for your sake it wasn't a Cardone. I won't use anything but a Federal Mogul/MOOG or a Motorcraft, after the nightmare I had with a Cardone about 16 years ago. Ugh.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter

post #524 of 526 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
John...regarding the P0456 - don't forget that miserable little plastic tee up under the left side of the radiator, which is valved and controls the flow of vapors to the charcoal tank in front of the LF wheel behind the fender. Those things break in a high breeze after twenty years. Your wagon's later than mine, may not have it...but I bet it does.

John, what brand of half-axle did you install? Hope for your sake it wasn't a Cardone. I won't use anything but a Federal Mogul/MOOG or a Motorcraft, after the nightmare I had with a Cardone about 16 years ago. Ugh.
I'll have to take a look and see if mine has the same plastic Tee, but I don't remember seeing one. I know the hoses on the tank were getting nasty so it's time those get replaced. As for the axle, it's a NEW Carquest so no rebuild or worries. Lifetime warranty to boot I saw the Cardone rebuilds which were cheaper but I wasn't looking to do this job again if a rebuild failed. I've had that before with an old Voyager I had. Went though 3 axles before I got one that didn't vibrate.

John
post #525 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
I'll Be Watching You!

Well today marks the end of a 7 year 7 month era. I sold the wagon to someone local who needs a temporary car so at least I know it'll get used and quite possibly I will be able to see it around every now and again. The car is still here till tomorrow when the new owner will come and pick it up after registering/titling it. I'm sad to see it go, but it's time to move on.
sheila, thefranchise713 and ice445 like this.

John
post #526 of 526 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:29 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sousa632 View Post
Well today marks the end of a 7 year 7 month era. I sold the wagon to someone local who needs a temporary car so at least I know it'll get used and quite possibly I will be able to see it around every now and again. The car is still here till tomorrow when the new owner will come and pick it up after registering/titling it. I'm sad to see it go, but it's time to move on.
Sad, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you made that car whole when anyone else would have driven it for a few months until it ended up in a scrapyard.
sousa632 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page