What Would You Do....140mph - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
What about the option for the suicide pill? Or offering a monetary or sexual bribe to the officer?
shhh the story isn't done yet I'm making it up as I go. I did this a while back on superhighoutput and I thoiught it cam out interesting enough so part 2 will be up soon enough.

true blue some of us local folk are working on a high speed run (but only to 55 ) would you be interested, I can't say much on the forum you know.

oh who picked not enough info, I only ask so next time I can include it and make a better senario next time

project turbo SHO codename SATX2 look for it spring 2006
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:11 PM

None of the Above.

I'd be on the radio telling the Cop to turn his Blue Lights on and back me up.
The only reason to be going that fast, 'cept on a track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Bob Gervais

Since this is theoretical, and Andy has a new avatar to remind me of my 70's childhood, here's what I'd do:

Keep going 140, while humming the CHiPs theme song. Dah dah duh dahdah!

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:37 PM

I particularly like how every high speed chase on CHiPs included several cars on the Interstate going 20 mph, while Cops chased the Crooks at a mind blowing, sticker peeling, gut wrenching 40 mph!

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

OMG My old boss (who I still work with) is married to a cop who looks DEAD like Eric Estrada He is a fun guy, absolutely hilarious to be around.

* 2002 SES Sport * Fully loaded * Cargo Organizer * Silver Stars * Michelin Hydroedge * Crusin the streets of Indy
* May 06 COTM! * Click garage or sig for more.

"Christ i think the thing that degrades the quality of your car is your camera " - afi292

"Jer's car is like a blonde bombshell" - Ashley

Automatic carwashes are like Hookers........are you sure you want to use it next????

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to j0rd4n
In North Carolina, it depends. If you are on some sort of hill or curve, if you can get around it before he tries turning the lights on, he can't pull you over. If he tries and you notice the situation, make it a point to make that statement like that. Don't be an ass about it, but let him know that he was coming around a corner, and at 140MPH or whatever he claimed you were going, they could be much farther up by now (considering you hit your brakes right as he got out of sight the first time).

Now, if he turns on his lights right when he sees you, then he's considered in pursuit, and is allowed to make the assumption that it's still you. Most highway officers won't do that unless you're in a high-traffic spot of the road.

post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Sep 2 2004, 06:14 PM
In North Carolina, it depends. If you are on some sort of hill or curve, if you can get around it before he tries turning the lights on, he can't pull you over. If he tries and you notice the situation, make it a point to make that statement like that. Don't be an ass about it, but let him know that he was coming around a corner, and at 140MPH or whatever he claimed you were going, they could be much farther up by now (considering you hit your brakes right as he got out of sight the first time).

Now, if he turns on his lights right when he sees you, then he's considered in pursuit, and is allowed to make the assumption that it's still you. Most highway officers won't do that unless you're in a high-traffic spot of the road.
Um, no.

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 06:00 PM

if i was sober (which is given if i'm driving) I would keep going...full bore. i think of it like this, if i was doing 140 for fun, fleeing and eluding too would be a BLAST!!! i love a good audience. Peace_Corey
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Devoted Member

that is the senario I don't want to hear I wouldent go that fast... pretend you are

I need to add flat to the road description, it is hard to describe everything when you have a picture in your mind of a particular place, and everyone has a picture of some "other" place

it is interesting to hear what everyone thinks about this, keep it flowing

project turbo SHO codename SATX2 look for it spring 2006
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to j0rd4n
Quote:
Originally posted by acreature+Sep 2 2004, 05:33 PM-->
QUOTE (acreature @ Sep 2 2004, 05:33 PM)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page