Taurus/Sable Encyclopedia - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
I finally got around and updated the Gen 3 page I still have a few things to add here and there (like pictures, fix links, etc) but otherwise the layout now matches the rest of the site. Feel free to check it out: https://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/G3/index.html

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
The MACH Audio System replaced JBL sound system which does not require a center-mounted sub-woofer under the package tray. The MACH Audio System is CD-compatible, as opposed to the previous JBL. The ICP contains the controls for the 6-Disc Compact Disc Changer, even if the vehicle is not ordered with it. The CD Changer can be added to the system at a later time if desired. The CD changer can be mounted to the vehicle and connected to the Rear Control Unit (RCU) with a jumper harness. After November 1996, all audio systems will be CD-compatible, with the CD controls in the ICP and RCU, except for the base (i.e., non-cassette) system. If the CD button is depressed on a vehicle without the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO DJ." On vehicles with the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO CD" if there is no CD in the magazine or the magazine is not in the CD Changer.
Whoa there turbo! I don't think that's all relevent information. Looks like I gotta do some editing.

And a PDF of the Vulcan engine? What's that contain?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
] - [
]
Ford Lincoln Mercury Sable? A personal conveyance named after its inventor, an
assassinated ruler, a character from Greco-Roman myth and a small furry mammal.
post #23 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to Racer X
Quote:
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@May 4 2005, 08:14 PM
Quote:
The MACH Audio System replaced JBL sound system which does not require a center-mounted sub-woofer under the package tray. The MACH Audio System is CD-compatible, as opposed to the previous JBL. The ICP contains the controls for the 6-Disc Compact Disc Changer, even if the vehicle is not ordered with it. The CD Changer can be added to the system at a later time if desired. The CD changer can be mounted to the vehicle and connected to the Rear Control Unit (RCU) with a jumper harness. After November 1996, all audio systems will be CD-compatible, with the CD controls in the ICP and RCU, except for the base (i.e., non-cassette) system. If the CD button is depressed on a vehicle without the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO DJ." On vehicles with the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO CD" if there is no CD in the magazine or the magazine is not in the CD Changer.
Whoa there turbo! I don't think that's all relevent information. Looks like I gotta do some editing.

And a PDF of the Vulcan engine? What's that contain?
I have that PDF. Contains every specification you could possibly ever want or need to know about on the Vulcan 3.0L Engine.

Fin.

post #24 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Devoted Member

PM me if you need it for the Encyclopedia.

post #25 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

It wouldn't really be complete without the info for the other engines. Is it for every Vulcan or is it within certain years?

[
] - [
]
post #26 of 110 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Here's two articles I wrote that might be important and valuable.

https://www.taurusclub.com/encycloped...es/Pbrake.html
https://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Fea.../Interlock.html

And just wander around and check things out. You might not know what I'm gonna add next!

[
] - [
]
post #27 of 110 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Today's the 1st aniversary of the Encyclopedia. Yay!

[
] - [
]
post #28 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Technical Advisor

Chapter: Southeast

Trader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bull geek Send a message via MSN to bull geek
I know this has taken about 11ty billion months, but look for a Gen 4 section this weekend folks

..And...if my 667 Celeron computer at home can, I'll see if I can scan all these damn brochures:

Taurus: 88, 97, 98, 00, 02, 04, 05
Sable: 95, 97

I'm heading home for fall break on Wends aftn, so I'll bring the external HD with me, and save all the scans onto it. Theres no chance in heck I'm bringing my desktop home, too much of a hassle.

Too keep me company while scanning these brochures, I have about 10 hours of Family Guy recordings to watch. I think Ed introduced me to Family Guy, and now I'm addicted

--Nick
-'66 Ford Country Squire wagon 390/C6
-'87 & '89 Mercury Colony Park wagons 302 EFI/AOD
-'90 Lincoln Town Car 302 EFI/AOD
-'03 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L/4R70W

former '87 Taurus 3.0 GL sedan, '87 Taurus 3.0 GL Wagon, '97 Taurus SHO 3.4 V8 sedan, '00 Taurus SEL 3.0 24V
post #29 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM

I found this old Gen 3 Ad in the archives, hopefully it can be added to the Encyclopedia: http://web.archive.org/web/19970809041245/.../avi/taurus.avi
post #30 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Hey, thanks! That'll be a nice addition.

[
] - [
]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page