Post A Mag Review Of The Taurus/sable - Page 5 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM

Trader Score: 0 reviews
My review:

I own a Taurus...again. I try to change, but I always seem to find a killer deal on...a Taurus. My first was a 1996 Sable which I lost to a flood. Then some 5 years later I ended up in a 1997 Taurus, same color, basically the same car. Then it took a giant dump at 169,000 (I didnt complain, that's a good run). Then after a little SUV I started to miss the comfort and reliablity of the Taurus. I missed those big soft seats (yes, very big and soft in comparison to a Suzuki Sidekick). I missed the way it handled like a sportscar. It may scream "I'm an American sedan with no personality!", but to me it was ALL personality. Today I drive a 1999 Taurus (see how I keep progressing up in model years. By my calculations at this rate i should be in a gen 4 in about 3 years). It's white and some people call it the "big egg." I paid $900. for her and she has no heat, has dents in every fender, missing 1 mirror, other mirror is broken, rear bumper is totalled and she is still going strong. With 120K I can punch the gas when I need a boost and she's always up to speed real quick. People laugh at her, hell, I laugh at her. Still she keeps on beatin'. I love my Taurus, I love her to death. After this weekend she will be the black egg as I am painting her flat black. She has gained a negative outlook by onlookers so i need to paint her body to match her personna...dark and EVIL! The evil black egg lives...FOREVER!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Chapter: Midwest

Interesting read for sure, but you may wanna fix some parts, it looks like you just pounded your keyboard like this:

s;kjghpwrogi[hbpodjfbgo[y

1999 Ford Taurus SE (3.0L Duratec) 109,000 miles

Intake silencer removed
Cold Air intake
K&N Panel Filter
Michelin Defenders
Monroe Quickstruts

COMING SOON:
SHO Spoiler
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Devoted Member

Trader Score: 3 reviews
The Big Test: 2013/2014 Full-Size Sedans - Motor Trend

2015 Chevrolet Impala 43,000 miles
2013 Ford Taurus SEL 73,000 miles

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

That's a terrible review. Putting the Kia in front just tells me who buys a lot of advertising in Motor Trend. Besides, the test is off by the inclusion of the six-cylinder 300. People don't buy that version expecting something sporty. They buy that because they couldn't afford/justify the 300C.

Also, they're clearly being stupid by saying that the Impala has an 'American' ride by being firm. That's European style. Saying it rides like an American car means this:

Floaty boat, takes forever to stop wobbling, has anemic handling, etc. Basically, the Toyota Camry in a nutshell.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
That's a terrible review. Putting the Kia in front just tells me who buys a lot of advertising in Motor Trend. Besides, the test is off by the inclusion of the six-cylinder 300. People don't buy that version expecting something sporty. They buy that because they couldn't afford/justify the 300C.

Also, they're clearly being stupid by saying that the Impala has an 'American' ride by being firm. That's European style. Saying it rides like an American car means this:

Floaty boat, takes forever to stop wobbling, has anemic handling, etc. Basically, the Toyota Camry in a nutshell.
I'm not seeing where they said the Impala had a firm ride and they specifically said that this test wasn't about handling.

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
I'm not seeing where they said the Impala had a firm ride and they specifically said that this test wasn't about handling.
"The Impala, while lighter on its feet than the 300, drew fans for its "American car" ride -- supple and never crashy, though well-composed and stable at the same time."

They complained about body roll in a family sedan, as well.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Falcon View Post
"The Impala, while lighter on its feet than the 300, drew fans for its "American car" ride -- supple and never crashy, though well-composed and stable at the same time."

They complained about body roll in a family sedan, as well.

Oh I see what you're saying lol.

As for the Taurus finishing last, at least a new one is due out next year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page