Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How Do You Add Fuel Treatment?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lrobby99 
#1 ·
On my Tauro, there is no gas cap. That much I knew.

I filled up prior to a 400 mile Interstate trip and went to add a bottle of Seafoam. As good a time as any, right?
I could see the Seafoam top was not pushing the little filler gate open, but I figured the liquid would just squeeze in there if I poured slowly. Well, the puddle on the ground said otherwise.

It was then I learned of the two tiny little ears that must both be pushed in for the fill gate to be pushed open.
Now just try doing that and pushing the gate open at the same time. It can be done, but it really sucks.

Since then I have tried all my vast assortment of funnels. None of them are the correct diameter to do the job.

Anyone else ever notice this and perhaps developed a solution? Whatever it is, it needs to be the same size as a fuel pump nozzle.
thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Just checked the owners manual I keep in PDF in my laptop. White funnel in spare tire well!
Thanks!

Now there goes all my fun of trying to shove two fingers into the opening to push the nipples in, while a third finger pushes the gate open. Those were sure the days...

#4 ·
I was wondering where that funnel was in my Continental. It's in it's special place with the spare.

Reactions: sheila and kekaye56
#5 ·
I'm not so sure I like the trade of.
Special funnel for a cap-less refuel procedure.
Nothing wrong with a good cap.

But I can tell you this big car achieved 32mpg on a strictly Interstate drive on Friday.
Fueled -up, added that Seafoam again, then straight on the freeway.
I was very easy on the throttle, and the atmospheric conditions were perfect. I kept speed around 71-73 for the most part.
Traffic was light. The car is in great condition. Just 55k miles. Tires were checked and plenty of mileage increasing pressure. Light load.
When I refueled next it was all in the numbers: 388 miles on 12.123 gallons of fuel.
By the way, this was on:
I-43 S. WI
I-39 due South through the heart of Illini Country.
I-55S Refueled in Festus, MO

As a Hypermiler, I could not be anymore happy about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.