Owner of two gen 2 Tauri. No luck with responses from yall - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Owner of two gen 2 Tauri. No luck with responses from yall

Been having a few issues. But mostly just wanting to interact with the community and get to know my vehicles as well as I see other members do theirs. I own a 92 3.8l lx and a 95 3.0l gl. Holler at me ppl, I'm in need of some advice for both cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:24 AM

Been around a while myself. Not a rabid poster, but I keep an eye on the site.

1) I see you have 4 posts. I do not remember seeing one of them.
2) If you are asking for help, it is a good idea to say what you are asking for. Some folks are good at powertrain questions, others electrical, etc.
3) Let us know what you need and someone always seems to jump in.

Consider yourself holler'd back to.

RICE - ITS WHATS FOR DINNER !

Eric Lehmann

Lots of V8 SHO's
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 PM

Year: 1995
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
I recently acquired my fourth (?) Taurus. I've owned a '90 Taurus (L Wagon), '91 Sable (GS wagon), '95 Taurus (GL Sedan, current vehicle), '98 Sable (LS Sedan) (loaner), and had access to a '98 Taurus (unknown trim) when I needed to drive for a while. Not necessarily in that order, though.

The encyclopedia here has lots of great information, including standard features, specifications, optional features, year by year changes, and more.

My GL is a bit of an oddball. It has all of the standard GL features, plus rear disc brakes and ABS, a power drivers' seat, and I think it has a couple of other options, too. There are option packages that have those options in them, but the car doesn't have all of the options that are part of the option packages (at least I don't think it does). I also have the bucket seats and floor shifter (optional on all models). More info (and some discussion) and pictures here: https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124...-gl-sedan.html

What will people think if they know that I'm a Jesus freak?

Last edited by 95TaurusinSK; 03-14-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Edited to add link to thread about my car

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 05:35 AM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
I think others would be more inclined to respond to specific topics as opposed to just "hollerin'" in general. What sort of help or information are you looking for?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Well I kinda messed with the screw on the throttle body that moves the throttle plate via the throttle cable , on my 92 lx, not knowing what I was doing. Now im getting high idle and i don't know how to fix it. Where do I start? My best guess would be to check the tps values. Also had my brakes go out on the same vehicle today. Had to prime brakes b4 it caught on again. I changed the booster about 2 years ago when this same thing happened and it fixed the problem Now it's happening again. Any help to be pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page