Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/)
-   Taurus and Sable General Discussion (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/)
-   -   Poll of the Week! Batteries... (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/213665-poll-week-batteries.html)

The White Falcon 03-11-2014 11:45 PM

Poll of the Week! Batteries...

How old is your battery? Now that we're nearing the end of winter (well, some of us are...) your batteries have either passed or failed the test.

Let us know the brand and such in the comments below! Multiple choices for multiple owners.

triadphoenix 03-12-2014 12:03 AM

1-2 years, higher-end WalMart model, Ever Start Maxx or some such name.

thefranchise713 03-12-2014 07:51 AM

My car is still too new to really evaluate, but the other vehicles are rocking their Motorcraft batteries still. We have yet to experience a dead one. Generally, Deka batteries have gone in to replace the Motorcrafts when it's time. They've worked well.

jato 03-12-2014 08:09 AM

My current battery is an O'Reilly Super Start Premium and is only 2 months old. It replaced a Napa Legond 75 that was 7 years old before a week of -40 temps finished it off. It didn't freeze, just refused to hold a charge.

TaurusDailyDriver 03-12-2014 09:26 AM

Fresh Autocraft Silver 36R-1 in September for about $65. Replaced a 2008 Napa Legend 58 group battery.

Josh 03-12-2014 09:47 AM

Mine has been in there since the beginning of time.The Green Machine was sitting for about 2.5 years with the battery in it. When we bought it, we charged the battery and it's been in there since. :D

I forget what battery is type it is, but I'll check. I think it's a Duralast Winter.

ellmarsh420 03-12-2014 10:10 AM

going on about 3 years with my Motomaster (canadian tire) battery. I haven't had any problems with it, but I might get a new one soon as I have heard that brand isn't the greatest for longevity, but it hasn't failed me. I did have a new starter installed today (motorcraft) as I had a no start/crank the other day until I banged on it, it lasted 5 years (motorcraft).

1992SableGS 03-12-2014 11:35 AM

On the 09 Sable I just bought. I replaced the factory motorcraft battery with an Autocraft Silver 58 series battery. The factory battery was still testing good, but at full charge was holding only 435 CCA compared to its rating of 590...so I chose to air on the side of caution.
My 92 has had an autocraft silver 65 series battery in it since 2010 and had zero issues.

Jeff

Sam 03-12-2014 01:13 PM

I have a Motorcraft Max battery. It was put in my car April 15, 2013 right before I purchased the car. 3 year free replacement and 100 month prorated warranty. Looks likely I'll be replacing my battery with another Motorcraft one. They are made by Johnson Controls I think. Pretty competitive too. Like $115. It cranks very well and when it was below 10 degrees cranked slower but still started quickly.

thefranchise713 03-12-2014 01:39 PM

The '14's is also a Motorcraft Max (replaced at delivery due to lot rot, car began clicking incessantly instead of starting the moment I tried to drive off). I swear, even with the low temps it didn't even slow down, which is more than I could say for the Escape at the same temps. Impressive.

Fun fact: the Push-to-Start Tauruses get bigger batteries. I'm a tad jealous.