Poll of the Week: GAS PRICES! - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
View Poll Results: How much does 87 octane cost per gallon for you?
Over $4.00 4 8.33%
$3.75-$3.99 2 4.17%
$3.50-$3.74 12 25.00%
$3.25-$3.49 12 25.00%
$3.00-$3.24 16 33.33%
$2.75-$2.99 2 4.17%
$2.50-$2.74 0 0%
Under $2.50 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 1990
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeves002 View Post
Holy cow! Where do you people live that it is over $4 a gallon?
Geez, Sam, get more into politics and national news. California has the highest gas taxes and the most restrictive oil-drilling laws in the country. They are sitting upon a sea of oil, and the environmentalists have written the laws to make it impossible to recover any of it. There hasn't been a new refinery built there in years, and existing ones are going out of existence due to old age and lack of spare parts to fix them. They import close to a majority of the oil they refine now; electrical-power generation is hobbled by requirements mandating certain percentages be produced by wind and solar power...and hydroelectric power generation is stopped these days to protect snail darters and other odd genera of the animal kingdom. The Central Valley is slowly being returned to desert, driving farmers out of business.

This has been state policy for almost thirty years. You should see the electric bills Californians pay during the summer, when they have to buy surplus Nevadan production. Nevada is mostly desert. California is close to Mother Nature's paradise. You figure it out.

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

2016 Q1 Car of the Quarter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lgbpop; 10-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:08 PM
TCCA Facebook Admin

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Garage
Prices were $3.43 today, but I got a 10c discount from my fuel rewards so I only ended up paying $3.33

Josh S.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - Light Ice Blue
2003 Taurus SHO V8 - Dark Shadow Grey
2002 Taurus SEL Premium - Royal Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Chapter: Eastern Canada

Canadian Gas

New Brunswick Canada $1.23 per litre x 4.56= 5.60 Imperial gallon or about 4.92 per US gallon

post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Exalted Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by br32124 View Post
New Brunswick Canada $1.23 per litre x 4.56= 5.60 Imperial gallon or about 4.92 per US gallon
Must be federal and provincial taxes because you all produce more oil than we do, don't you?

Cancer sucks. Cancer post-op is almost worse than the cancer. Best part is, being alive to b*tch about it!

************************************************** *****************************

post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest

My gas today at a station by me is $3.75 for regular. I have seen it as low as $3.39, but in my area, it is higher. Arco gas is generally $.10-.20 cheaper, but it has a lot of ethanol in it, and it goes through my car like a thirsty bitch.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Chapter: Northeast

$3.59 in East Hampton CT today, payed $3.77 for Mid-Grade. This July in Florida I payed $3.30 on average and I remember crapping my pants because it felt so cheap, and I was in the Tampa area.

The DD: 2008 Volvo C30 T5, 6 speed, lowered, FoST wheels.
The Projects:
1995 Taurus SE/SHO swap, catback exhaust, custom stereo, 1963 Galaxie 500, 352 V8, and a 1976 F250, 390/4speed + 12 inch lift and 38" tires, custom paint.
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2010
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post
Geez, Sam, get more into politics and national news. California has the highest gas taxes and the most restrictive oil-drilling laws in the country. They are sitting upon a sea of oil, and the environmentalists have written the laws to make it impossible to recover any of it. There hasn't been a new refinery built there in years, and existing ones are going out of existence due to old age and lack of spare parts to fix them. They import close to a majority of the oil they refine now; electrical-power generation is hobbled by requirements mandating certain percentages be produced by wind and solar power...and hydroelectric power generation is stopped these days to protect snail darters and other odd genera of the animal kingdom. The Central Valley is slowly being returned to desert, driving farmers out of business.

This has been state policy for almost thirty years. You should see the electric bills Californians pay during the summer, when they have to buy surplus Nevadan production. Nevada is mostly desert. California is close to Mother Nature's paradise. You figure it out.
They buy a lot from AZ as well. Mainly from the Palo Verde nuclear plant (bet they love that). They also steal tons of water from the Colorado River...

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2003

Garage
South side of Kansas city MO $3.09 and dropping. ..
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Sam
breeves002

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2008
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Garage
Trader Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbpop View Post

Oh believe me, I know how California is. I guess I just don't think of people on this forum as living in CA

The requirements they have are ridiculous and just plain stupid.

Sam

2017 Fusion Energi Platinum
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP Whipple Stage 2

Moved On:
2014 Focus Electric
2008 Mercury Sable Premier
2000 Sable LS Premium Duratec
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Exalted Grand Poobah

I love the state for its geography and climate, and like to visit there. Living there would drive me crazy, though, sad to say.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page