2013 SHO performance pkg vs non performance pkg - Page 3 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Cro

Chapter: Midwest

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Got my 14 with pp mainly due to the 3.16 gears and traction control feature. The bigger brakes, stiffer springs, and the sway bar was a plus, but I figured doing all this myself would cost me near the same amount of money plus time. One thing I still need to do in the future is just upgrade to lowering springs. And, I'm already in the process of getting 18 inch wheels with winter tires, additional 1100$ that I was not a game for, but really liking the 18 wheels. So, I guess the saying 'you gotta pay to play', isn't meaningless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

The brakes are NOT bigger, they are only different pads, and neither the PP or non-PP have slotted rotors, if the car that someone saw with them on, they were aftermarket rotors.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO-Livernois 4+X Tune, Airaid CAI, Caliper Covers, Tinted Taillights, Tinted Headlights, LED Interior Lighting, LED Puddle Lamps and License Lights, SHO Hood Stripes, Rearranged Trunk Badging, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 160 Evenflo Thermostat, V3 Triton Switchback LED Front Parking/Turn Signal, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/EBC Yellowstuff Pads
2013 Ford Explorer Limited-Wife's Tow Vehicle
1999 Ford Taurus SE Wagon-'Our Family Truckster"
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM

I meant that the front rotors have the slots around the hub for cooling? Recall that they flipped the cooling vanes outside to address brake fade on the sho starting with MY13. Also, do all of the 13-up SHOs receive the drilled front caliper pistons?

Last edited by metroplex; 02-15-2014 at 06:23 AM.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 12:28 PM

I've seen the slotted hub rotors on the non-SHO 2013-up Taurus as well.

Now that it's been a few years, has anyone tested the SHO with the ESC turned off with a car equipped with the Performance Package? Does the car handle hairpin turns on the track that much better? That to me is the only reason to get the Performance Package since there's no way to "completely" shut off ESC on the regular SHO.

I will say that the harder I push the car through a curve, the more I feel the rear end wants to spin out like the car is over-rotating, but this is with the regular RS-A tires and non-PP.

Just trying to gather more info to decide whether to buy out the lease on this 2014, or factory order a 2016 (or 2017 if they are around) with the PP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page