Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What Have You Done To Your Bull Today?

1M views 8K replies 486 participants last post by  rjacket 
#1 ·
All mods have been put on hold for now. I'm just maintaining my car until May, when I finish school... but will probably have a little time in between papers and tests to drop in and see what mods folks are up to.

If you've done something to your bull, post it here so we can know what you've been up to.

#2 ·
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.

#4 ·
checked all my fluids, tire pressure, and cleaned the windshield. I vacummed all the cat hair out from when I moved last week. I'm driving it to McAllen tomorrow morning. 97k and no problems :D And my bull now has a carport and a red F150 to keep it company.

#5 ·
Used the 3m kit to do the headlight lenses on my silver SEL.

Turned out really well.

Mike
:woot:

Reactions: jobales
#6 ·
smoked tail lights
painted taurus rims did not have good rims when i did it
smoked side markers
tinted windows
upgrade to after market radio with bass
neon interior lights
alarm i put it in my self it easy

think i got to do is fix the cruise control / horn and replace the rear trunk lid tail lights mine cracked and maybe get rims i mite get a new taurus firist unsure though. replace the dpfe sensor check engine light is on finaly found the exaust leak and got it under control now to replace the dpfe. that my list of to do and dones

#7 ·
Funny that you should ask about today!!

Changed the oil on the 03 and 04 today

Rotated tires on the 03 and 04 today.

Now relaxing and watching the Final Four games!! :)

Reactions: 2k3SEL
#11 ·
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795091
QUOTE (Gentz @ Apr 3 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795089
I have replaced the Front Bumper and Headlights with Brand New.[/b]
I need to find a silver rear bumper cover for a gen 4.5. Some jerk backed into it when I lived in a apt in XXitsville, in Austin. I could cover it with a DARE :lol2: sticker, but I think bumper stickers look tacky.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.pershingauto.com/

Best Place for bumpers... hands down.

#12 ·
QUOTE (Cliff @ Apr 3 2010, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795063
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.[/b]
Whoa what? Your headlights "restored". Details please...what are they doing to them.

#13 ·
Changed the oil & filter in my car a few days ago...set for another 7500 miles/6 months :)

Tomorrow I'm adding in the blinking LED to the sunload sensor, and adding lighted cruise control w/a new leather wrapped steering wheel.

#14 ·
QUOTE (Gentz @ Apr 3 2010, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795093
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795091
QUOTE (Gentz @ Apr 3 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795089
I have replaced the Front Bumper and Headlights with Brand New.[/b]
I need to find a silver rear bumper cover for a gen 4.5. Some jerk backed into it when I lived in a apt in XXitsville, in Austin. I could cover it with a DARE :lol2: sticker, but I think bumper stickers look tacky.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.pershingauto.com/

Best Place for bumpers... hands down.
[/b][/quote]
....but they don't have any rear covers for gen 4.5 Taurus :(
How do the new headlights fit? Are they genuine Ford, or aftermarket?

#15 ·
I have picked up my bull today :)

She sat for a nice 4 days, in a comfortable parking lot, surrounded by Ford E-250's to keep her safe and company.

So now I got 3 days with the bull and to fix the power antenna this weekend.

#16 ·
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 3 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795110
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.[/b]
Whoa what? Your headlights "restored". Details please...what are they doing to them.
[/b][/quote]
The usual headlight restoration to see if they can take out the yellowing on the top parts and some light scratches.

#17 ·
Changed the oil and filter this week; it's got Valvoline Durablend 5W20. Changed the ATF (Valvoline-brand Mercon V) and tranny filter (Motorcraft) today, and added a handy B&M drain plug to the transmission pan for future convenience. Bought the parts and pulled up the wiring info to change my Gen 4.5 cluster to white-faced gauges and to add a 'T/C Off' switch- perhaps next weekend if the weather's clear. And I'm possibly getting my 35% Formula One tint installed next weekend, too. If not then, it's happening by the end of April for sure.

Reactions: jobales
#18 ·
I haven't driven mine in almost a year. I charged the battery, removed the SHO rear bumper I was test fitting, and began reinstalling the door panels that have been off since I replaced the broken driver's side mirror taken out by a hit-n-run. The car is going back into family rental car service. Mom's SVTC is worn out, so until I replace it, she gets the Taurus.

#19 ·
Nothing since I'm out of state, but the oil did get changed before I left. Sitting for 2 weeks without being driven. :(

#20 ·
QUOTE (Cliff @ Apr 3 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795122
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 3 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795110
[/b][/quote]
The usual headlight restoration to see if they can take out the yellowing on the top parts and some light scratches.
[/b][/quote]

A 12 dollar kit from wally world and an hour will make them look good as new.

Mike
B)

#21 ·
I washed my car *yesterday* which was today when this was posted, so at least I did something that I can add to this lol. I also think that I'm going to get an oil change tomorrow, or rather later today. I actually have a habit for some reason of always getting oil changes on Easter...be it my car or other family members cars. I'm usually at my grandmothers house for a few hours and after we eat dinner, I'll usually wanna go out for a lil while and since nobody is on the road and the 24/7 carwash/oil change place near her house is ALWAYS open, I'll just go get it done.

#22 ·
I'll be taking the Blue Bull to Mississippi today to pick up my niece and nephew from their supervised visit with their father. That will make 400 miles in one weekend. I dropped them off on Friday & will be picking them up today. That's a lot of miles for one weekend for my car.

#23 ·
QUOTE (Cliff @ Apr 3 2010, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795063

I think my spoiler was 150 painted and installed back when I bought mine.

Mike
B)

#24 ·
QUOTE (Kaleb @ Apr 3 2010, 04:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795074
Last Saturday I de-yellowed my headlight lenses. And today I spent 2 hours washing the Tortoise (my bull), the rims, inside and outside glass, and detailing. A while back I added black floormats and took off my dealer sticker. But that's all.[/b]

How did you deyellow them?

In the past I have justed used my DA with different pads and compounds. Yesterday I did the 3M kit that actually sands the UV protection off.
After I was finished, I put a couple coats of wax on them. I am anxious to see if they get yellow again like they did when I just used the DA.

Mike
B)

#25 ·
QUOTE (sadistic @ Apr 3 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795081
smoked tail lights
painted taurus rims did not have good rims when i did it
smoked side markers
tinted windows
upgrade to after market radio with bass
neon interior lights
alarm i put it in my self it easy

think i got to do is fix the cruise control / horn and replace the rear trunk lid tail lights mine cracked and maybe get rims i mite get a new taurus firist unsure though. replace the dpfe sensor check engine light is on finaly found the exaust leak and got it under control now to replace the dpfe. that my list of to do and dones[/b]
You did all that in one day?

Mike
:blink: