What Have You Done To Your Bull Today? - Page 808 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 739Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8071 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South
Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Rotated my tires and fixed (hopefully) a transmission leak, noticed it when I looked under the car after moving it to a flatter surface. Idled the car again after adjusting a few bolts and didn't see any leakage.
Picture of car included because why not? Haven't posted a picture yet. Best color in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190730_200007_1564535123017.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	209289  
mcsteven likes this.
Dappersworth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8072 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South
Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Also found these on amazon. Wondering if the maf sensor is *too* cheap, the brand is Partschoice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1564535450477_1564535598798.png
Views:	9
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	209291  
Dappersworth is offline  
post #8073 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oakland, CA
Chapter: West Coast
Year: 1999
Model: Ford Taurus Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6
Posts: 169
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappersworth View Post
Rotated my tires and fixed (hopefully) a transmission leak, noticed it when I looked under the car after moving it to a flatter surface. Idled the car again after adjusting a few bolts and didn't see any leakage.
Picture of car included because why not? Haven't posted a picture yet. Best color in my opinion.


For the third and fourth generation sedans I do like the silver. I prefer the blue for the wagon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Ble Longroof.



Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.
mcsteven is offline  
 
post #8074 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:28 PM
Crazy Devoted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2006
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 6,537
Rep Power: 65
    
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappersworth View Post
Also found these on amazon. Wondering if the maf sensor is *too* cheap, the brand is Partschoice.

I would be worried about the Cam Sychro. I wouldn't use a unknown name to drive my oil pump, the life blood of my engine.
Automender12345 is offline  
post #8075 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South
Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Honestly I'm not even sure my synchro is going bad, the squeaking sounds more like a bearing for one of the serpentine belt pulleys. It doesnt sound like an actual bird, it's a bit less high pitched. As for the maf sensor, it's for the running rich problem I'm having. But theres a high pitched whining coming from the underside of the right side of the car around the middle, could that just be the fuel pump? Brother thinks it's a vaccum leak.
Dappersworth is offline  
post #8076 of 8080 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South
Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Just installed the mach audio tweeters and rcu, my radio (i think) no longer dims with the beat of the bass! Also, the right tweeter doesn't work, as far as I can hear, not sure why.
Dappersworth is offline  
post #8077 of 8080 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South
Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Fixed the right tweeter! I had somehow forgotten to connect a power wire to the whole bundle of wires. Have some pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_143607_1565379394381.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	209359   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_143421_1565379428378.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	209361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_143253_1565379509183.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	209363   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190809_143229_1565379851366.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	209365  

sheila likes this.

Last edited by Dappersworth; 08-09-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Dappersworth is offline  
post #8078 of 8080 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: MN
Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2005
Model: Mercury Sable Wagon
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Fixed a passenger front window that was stuck down. Noted a lack of clicking when hitting the up button on either the driver or passenger side control. After much reading here and too much disassembly, I figured out the culprit was the driver switch.


The solution was a $7.99 can of CRC QD Contact Cleaner. Applied liberally to the switch--from the top--and it came back to life.


Fix-in-a-can is my kind of wrenching...
sheila and mcsteven like this.
cobrabill is offline  
post #8079 of 8080 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2008
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
This should be labeled what have I done to my bull this summer lol

2008 Ford Taurus SEL

Sitting at 138700 miles in my driveway, it has been driven over 35000 miles since March 2018 and has happily obliged, including a 1300 mile road trip through the Eastern US.

These past two months have been pretty expensive car repair wise.

I had to grease and lubricate my calipers which were making a very bad creaking noise, that went away.

My car seemed to clunk clunk whenever slight throttle was put on it after reaching 6th gear from 45-60 mph. This ended up not being a transmission problem like I initially thought but was instead spark plugs! I replaced all six of my spark plugs and boots (they inspected each coil and all were fine and had no issues so they were not replaced. I am thinking this was an intemittent misfire as it went away immediately after replacement. Was 260 dollars for this.

Then after starting my eastern us road trip my car started making a signficant creaking noise from the suspension. It got worse over the course of the trip and my right side of my car started vibrating alot more than usual. Immediately got an appointment ASAP with my trusted local mechanic who did not have an opening for 12 days. The suspension noise continued to get worse.

Turns out my right lower ball joint was bad ("completely loose") and the bushings in the rear control arm were fairly worn. Was given a brand new lower control arm with ball joint and bushings. The lower engine torque mount of my car was bad as well. All of these were replaced and with an oil change it ended up costing well over 500 dollars.

My parking brake will not lock, not that it matters but they called me telling me it was bad but that it would be up to me to replace it, which I decided against.

My car is doing good for a car with 138,000 miles but has been pretty expensive these past few months, especially considering I do not make that much!
stashua123 is offline  
post #8080 of 8080 (permalink) Old Today, 03:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 167
Rep Power: 0
 
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashua123 View Post
This should be labeled what have I done to my bull this summer lol

2008 Ford Taurus SEL

Sitting at 138700 miles in my driveway, it has been driven over 35000 miles since March 2018 and has happily obliged, including a 1300 mile road trip through the Eastern US.

These past two months have been pretty expensive car repair wise.

I had to grease and lubricate my calipers which were making a very bad creaking noise, that went away.

My car seemed to clunk clunk whenever slight throttle was put on it after reaching 6th gear from 45-60 mph. This ended up not being a transmission problem like I initially thought but was instead spark plugs! I replaced all six of my spark plugs and boots (they inspected each coil and all were fine and had no issues so they were not replaced. I am thinking this was an intemittent misfire as it went away immediately after replacement. Was 260 dollars for this.

Then after starting my eastern us road trip my car started making a signficant creaking noise from the suspension. It got worse over the course of the trip and my right side of my car started vibrating alot more than usual. Immediately got an appointment ASAP with my trusted local mechanic who did not have an opening for 12 days. The suspension noise continued to get worse.

Turns out my right lower ball joint was bad ("completely loose") and the bushings in the rear control arm were fairly worn. Was given a brand new lower control arm with ball joint and bushings. The lower engine torque mount of my car was bad as well. All of these were replaced and with an oil change it ended up costing well over 500 dollars.

My parking brake will not lock, not that it matters but they called me telling me it was bad but that it would be up to me to replace it, which I decided against.

My car is doing good for a car with 138,000 miles but has been pretty expensive these past few months, especially considering I do not make that much!
It is crazy how those bad plugs or COPs feel like a trans problem. I probably could have just done the plugs on my 2008 but I found the whole COP kit with plugs and gaskets for around $150.00. I replaced the 3 rear COPs first and eventually had a front one go bad. Kinda surprised you haven't had a COP die yet. Gonna do the back brakes, which are the originals (100,000 miles!), in the next few weeks.
fishx65 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome