What Have You Done To Your Bull Today? - Page 806 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 739Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8051 of 8080 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:29 PM

Chapter: Pacific Northwest
Year: 2005
Model: Mercury Montego
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Trader Score: 0 reviews
Got it dropped off to the body shop
Bought a Bluetooth adapter for the radio (there are Bluetooth adapters for the 2005 model years, the radio just has to say MP3 on it)
Bought a speaker adapter for me to add amps
Got the check engine light cleared (Fuel level sensor mis-reading from sitting so long)

Brian - Carpe Diem

2005 Mercury Montego 52k
2004 GMC Envoy XUV 182k
2001 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 120K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8052 of 8080 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
No Crank

Yesterday pm going to have dinner at Outback for younger grandson,(16) birthday. Older grandson calls and tells his mom, car will not start. He is at work ~4 miles away. I said I'll go, wife will order for me. So got there and turned the key and nothing, lights ok, no theft light blink. Left the car and went to dinner.
Today am I went by and unlocked the car, put in "P" and started right up.
Duhh!
'03 Sable sedan.

-chart-
repairman54, sheila and mcsteven like this.
post #8053 of 8080 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:57 PM

Year: 2003
Model: Ford Taurus

Garage
4 new tires
front and rear struts
rear sway bar links
serpentine belt
state inspection

She drives like the wind now... just can't afford to go anywhere ! (Except to Ford Nationals here in Carlisle next weekend)
sheila likes this.

What greater freedom than not knowing where you're going or why ?

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

If you know where you're going, it's travel. If you don't, it's an adventure.

All I need is coffee and mascara.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8054 of 8080 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:09 PM

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 1999
Model: Ford Taurus Wagon

Center Console Design & Build

I really hate the gen3 center console/middle seat in the front. It functions ok as a seat, but the raised, tilted cup holders etc don't cut it. So, I had measured, drew out a few iterations, measured, changed my mind, added more, and finally came up with this.

I was a firefighter and I always loved the control center feel of the rigs. So I decided to make one of my own. It's just me, and even if I go out with friends it might be a total of 4 of us, so if I drive there are still 4 seats. This console is going to go from touching the rear seat to about an inch before the ashtray. I haven't figured out the opening mechanism for the center (to access the radios and 12V outlets), but the top front where the switches are and the arm rest will have a piano hinge. The gauges will be trans temp, oil pressure, and volts. The inverter only needs to be about 300W continuous, and it will be flush to the inside on the passenger side. The switches will control relays: inverter, 12V hub, aux lights in front, aux light in rear, and maybe future for seat heaters. I changed my mind on the position of the sub amp (I deleted it from this plan) and added a 3.0A Qi/2.4A USB that will be surface mounted vertically for the rear seat. I also have a gooseneck mount for a 10 inch tablet that will be used for media, GPS, OBD-II data, back up camera, remote operation, and more.

I have the cardboard template cut and assembling now. I've ordered the extra stuff (had the radios, inverter, 12V hub) and I'll probably pick up the wood tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm going overboard on what it's going to be covered with, but I'm hoping to replace the seats in the future.

Speaking of seats, anyone know what seats will bolt right in other than Gen3 seats? I want leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	center-console6.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	208881  
post #8055 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:33 AM

OK, have been working on the center console. I got some nice diamond stitched padded vinyl to cover it, and it's starting to come along. Did a bunch of stuff to it today:

Oil & filter change (switched to Mobil1 full synthetic),
Started the filling with a quart of Lucas full synthetic oil additive,
Fuel filter,
Drain (from the petcock) and refill coolant. Prestone and distilled water,
While under it and the splash shield was off, looked to find a place to add the sending unit for an (electric) oil pressure gauge (still looking).

Work in progress on the console. I'll be driving it across the country in a few weeks, and all of this will have paid off. Found some leather but not sure with a move coming up.
sheila likes this.

This is BlŁe Longroof.

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.
post #8056 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Has It Been That Long?

Year: 2010
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Ended up with an 18Ē crack in the 2010ís windshield yesterday. Rock hit near the corner and the crack kept spreading throughout the day. At least Iíve got zero deductible glass on that one, so Iíve already scheduled the replacement.

First time Iíve ever had to make an insurance claim. And heck, seeing as the 03ís windshield still needs to be replaced (liability only on that one since I bought the 2010) itís just a bad year for my auto glass, I guess.

Holly: 2003 Taurus SES Deluxe, Duratec, spoiler, moonroof, OEM Centennials, JBL Audio. April '14 COTM winner.
Jill: 2010 Taurus SEL, 3.5L Duratec, Sync.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8057 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

^ Yikes.

At least Jill doesn't have too many fancy bits. I always dreaded losing a windshield on the Explorer let alone my current ride. Replace a windshield, then recalibrate everything. Sometimes old school is better.

I remember when I got my 2013 Taurus. Cracked the windshield at 800 miles due to an insecure load from the truck in front. We were both merging, no way to avoid. Thankfully, Geico paid that one off without blinking and getting me SoundScreen OEM glass to boot.

thefranchise713

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #8058 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 AM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2002
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Changed the transmission fluid yesterday.

Hardest part was that dang filter, had to push as hard as I possibly could whilst positioned under the pan area on a creeper, to get the pan to fit over it.
Feel a bit sore today lol

Adding fluid:
Started with 6 1 quart bottles and a little bit left from another bottle. Had to go to the store and buy 2 more quarts which I used 1 of and half of the other. Seems like a fluid change is 7 3/4 quarts.
mcsteven likes this.
post #8059 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappersworth View Post
Had to go to the store and buy 2 more quarts

I would much rather spend locally if itís within a couple of dollars or 10% but it was hard to beat a case of Motorcraft Mercon V from Amazon, delivered, for $71.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is BlŁe Longroof.

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.
post #8060 of 8080 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 1998
Model: Mercury Sable

Trader Score: 1 reviews
^ Dappersworth, did you get the old filter neck ring gasket completely out of the tranny? ^ mcsteven, how many qts. in a case of atf?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page