What Have You Done To Your Bull Today? - Page 805 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 724Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8041 of 8053 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:45 PM

Chapter: West Coast
Year: 2004
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Over the last couple of weeks I put in adjustable pedals, installed rear sway bar and links, put in the wood trim window switch plates (compounded and waxed them first), and put in new shoes, hardware, adjusters, drums and wheel cylinders.

Next up is putting in the center console wood trim panel and cleaning and lubing the front brakes.
sheila, Jeff K and mcsteven like this.

2004 Taurus SES Duratec 107k

Upgrades: Mach RCU & Tweeters, Bluetooth, Ford Cargo Tray, LED Trunk Lighting, Headlight Relays, Adjustable Pedals
Running on: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 & Fram Pro Synthetic Filter, Valvoline MERCON V, Valvoline DOT 3&4, ZEREX G-05, Top Tier Regular Gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8042 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:27 AM

Year: 1999
Model: Ford Taurus Wagon

Got the inner tie rodís done on Monday, got it over for an alignment on Tuesday. One of the rear wheels was quite a bit angled, which I could see at the shop earlier. When I got the alignment, the manager there suggested I might want to do a cam kit. He said they donít sell it but would be fine installing it. He told me it would be half an hour labor and then they would re-align as part of their one-year warranty. Checked Rock Auto, the Moog part was $16 plus delivery. Checked locally it was $55 and they had it in stock. Checked Amazon and they had it for the same price as Rock Auto. I have prime end it was delivered last night. Got it installed. It took a lot more than half an hour as they had to enlarge the holes where they took out the old ones. He still only charged me half an hour of labor.

Car feels great with the larger wheels. Much better on the steering with all of the new hardware as well. Before the end of the summer I will replace the coolant, and add electrical sensors for transmission fluid temp, oil pressure, and volts. Gauges are going to be part of the center console that I am building.

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.
sheila likes this.
post #8043 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2002
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsteven View Post
If you can, maybe update here when you post the write up. Looking forward to it.

Done. Took me a minute to write it all up, I might have gone a little OCD with the research and testing of some of it, but I think it's complete enough to not leave any guesswork at all.

https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...ransplant.html

post #8044 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Northeast

Visited my old Sable today. Still at the apartment complex of the new owner. No major changes. Magnaflow muffler still on it. Not exactly a little old lady thing.

2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0L (Daughter #1)
2008 Nissan Titan SE, Crew Cab/Long Bed, 5.6L (Mine)
2007 Volvo V70 2.5T, turbo 2.5L (Mine)
2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5L (Daughter #2)
2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.5L (Wife)
post #8045 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:07 AM
Devoted Member

Year: 2001
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
Trader Score: 1 reviews
Had a screw in the right rear tire that needed patching, so that was fun. Other than that, still just driving her every day pretty much. Taking the fun car out more now that it's warming up though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8046 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Our 2nd oldest son had the day off today and our man in the middle had a half day of school so I took half the day off and the three of us went upta camp to recover the SHOs from the barn for the summer. Took the batteries off the tenders, lowered the cars off their jackstands and they fired right up. I love that V8 roar, it sounds like...victory. The boys enjoyed it a bit too much on their somewhat spirited drive back but as we arrived back home unticketed and intact I confined myself to the patented Dad eyes to heaven rueful head shake and as admonishing a "Don't let your mother hear a word about that" as I could credibly manage. Not the first time this week that it occured to me when you're a BoyDad there's less day to day drama but they can be harder to keep alive.
thefranchise713 likes this.

It's SHO time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8047 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post
Our 2nd oldest son had the day off today and our man in the middle had a half day of school so I took half the day off and the three of us went upta camp to recover the SHOs from the barn for the summer. Took the batteries off the tenders, lowered the cars off their jackstands and they fired right up. I love that V8 roar, it sounds like...victory. The boys enjoyed it a bit too much on their somewhat spirited drive back but as we arrived back home unticketed and intact I confined myself to the patented Dad eyes to heaven rueful head shake and as admonishing a "Don't let your mother hear a word about that" as I could credibly manage. Not the first time this week that it occured to me when you're a BoyDad there's less day to day drama but they can be harder to keep alive.
The sounds of spring!
thefranchise713 likes this.

2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0L (Daughter #1)
2008 Nissan Titan SE, Crew Cab/Long Bed, 5.6L (Mine)
2007 Volvo V70 2.5T, turbo 2.5L (Mine)
2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5L (Daughter #2)
2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.5L (Wife)
post #8048 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Play Nice or Don't Play

Year: 1998
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.4L Yamaha V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
The sounds of spring!

Ah yes Spring, the season of love when a young man's thoughts turn to...horsepower.
Some old man's thoughts too
sheila and Exocet like this.

It's SHO time!

post #8049 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:30 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable

Garage
'03 Taurus & '03 Sable wagon. Pulled the console trim off and took it inside to the kitchen to clean. Taurus had only 2 items down in the bottom to fish out, none in the Sable. Saddle soap on leather items for that "leather" feel.

Leather shifter knobs on both. I like to keep the steering wheel and shifter conditioned often. Took rubbing compound to the head lights on both, as they are getting dull.

-chart-
post #8050 of 8053 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1959 View Post

This post makes me incredibly happy. And it's not even my car!
jag1959 likes this.

thefranchise713

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page