What Have You Done To Your Bull Today? - Page 737 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
 737Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7361 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 11:54 PM

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.

Save some money, it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7362 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartmaker View Post
Just did that on my '03 sedan after a new battery but it had been off for over a week while I did the ABS/TC module and a new top rad hose. I see no difference in running but the brake pedal is higher and feels batter. And the shift points of the tranny are different. Learning in progress for the PCM. It has to go to school.

-chart-
To do the ABS and rad hose, I had to remove all the air cleaner boxes, and the battery and bat box as well as the fan and air dam. New battery at the same time so combining things. NOW! Drive it couple days and stop to gas up and: the starter growls but no crank. Twice and on the third trial it starts. Now home. To remove the starter means taking all that stuff off again. I have a spare used starter, cleaned and checked and put it on. Put the battery back and hooked up the terminals and noticed a spare nut left over. Well, I recognized it as the ground cable to starter nut. OK battery back out and bat box and got it on the stud which is barely visible. Now all is good put the battery and bat box back, keyed the starter and it kicked fine. Then put all the air cleaner stuff back and ready to roll. Now noticed I left the red terminal cover off the solenoid but it was a easy fix and while under put the air dam back on. No more parts left over.

Took the starter off that made the growl and pulled the end off. Bearing is dry and very loose. Brushes and all else in the starter are fine. I looked at the flywheel gear teeth while the starter was off and they look like new.

Drove the car on 2 trips today and it is fine. No issue re-learning idle.

-chart-
post #7363 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2006
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartmaker View Post
To do the ABS and rad hose, I had to remove all the air cleaner boxes, and the battery and bat box as well as the fan and air dam. New battery at the same time so combining things. NOW! Drive it couple days and stop to gas up and: the starter growls but no crank. Twice and on the third trial it starts. Now home. To remove the starter means taking all that stuff off again. I have a spare used starter, cleaned and checked and put it on. Put the battery back and hooked up the terminals and noticed a spare nut left over. Well, I recognized it as the ground cable to starter nut. OK battery back out and bat box and got it on the stud which is barely visible. Now all is good put the battery and bat box back, keyed the starter and it kicked fine. Then put all the air cleaner stuff back and ready to roll. Now noticed I left the red terminal cover off the solenoid but it was a easy fix and while under put the air dam back on. No more parts left over.

Took the starter off that made the growl and pulled the end off. Bearing is dry and very loose. Brushes and all else in the starter are fine. I looked at the flywheel gear teeth while the starter was off and they look like new.

Drove the car on 2 trips today and it is fine. No issue re-learning idle.

-chart-
Hate extra work. I have to drop the brand new tank I installed three weeks ago. A four year old gas pump decided to start to fail so it needs replaced. Went to Pull a Parts and picked up a clean filler neck ($12.29) because the one on the car is rust scaled and should have been replace with the tank.

post #7364 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 12:14 AM

Year: 2002
Engine: 3.0L 12v Vulcan V6

Garage
Flushed coolant today! Swear i had to break world record took me like 10 mins lol also I got my welder today can't wait to haggard my taurus a little bit haha
post #7365 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Midwest Chapter Mod

Chapter: Midwest
Year: 2010
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bpd1151 Send a message via Skype™ to bpd1151
Weather has been getting cooler here in CHI-Town at night (like mid 40's, lower 50's) and desiring to pick on some lowly Porsche, Corvette, Charger SRT owners, etc.....

What I did to my SHO today was run it down to almost "E" / Empty, and then dumped 10 gallons of MS109 into the SHO's tank and uploaded the custom LOWER 525awhp track file from LMS.

I want to see them cry at the next light knowing they purchased what they did, and got eaten alive by a LARGE 4 door grocery getter.

Time to play.

Muahahahahahahaha
sousa632, jag1959 and Hawkester like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

World's Highest AWHP SHO (Aug. 2014- June 2016), & World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO to date! Details Here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bpd1151; 10-19-2017 at 08:07 PM.
post #7366 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator

Year: 2017
Model: OTHER
Engine: OTHER

Sweet D3 Justice. Right there. ^

thefranchise713

Follow my new story with the Bull's taller, older sister:

Our lives are a series of missions, aided by our gifts and talents, in pursuit of a stronger neighborhood.
post #7367 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
Did that on mine a few years ago. Used an automotive clear coat, though. It's held up pretty well. However, now getting scratched/chipped and starting to yellow a bit. Yes, your lights will stay clear much longer. However, they will eventually succumb to the elements.

2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0L (Daughter #1)
2008 Nissan Titan SE, Crew Cab/Long Bed, 5.6L (Mine)
2007 Volvo V70 2.5T, turbo 2.5L (Mine)
2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2.5L (Daughter #2)
2012 Toyota Camry LE, 2.5L (Wife)
post #7368 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 AM

Year: 2013
Engine: 3.5L Cyclone V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
Did that on mine a few years ago. Used an automotive clear coat, though. It's held up pretty well. However, now getting scratched/chipped and starting to yellow a bit. Yes, your lights will stay clear much longer. However, they will eventually succumb to the elements.
Hmm, don't know if it will matter in the long run, as it's only been a few months, but I used the exact products from the video and my headlights look almost brand new and have held up perfectly. As you say though, we'll see.
post #7369 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Crazy Devoted Member

Year: 2003
Model: Mercury Sable
Engine: 3.0L 24v Duratec V6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
I did my sedan and they look good. I used auto rubbing compound then polishing compound then cleaned with ammonia to get them clean for clear coat. They are doing fine. Easy to take the HL off the G-4 Sable. If they show any future damage, I will redo. I used clearcoat rattle can.

-chart-
post #7370 of 8077 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Chapter: Southeast
Year: 2016
Engine: OTHER

Changed the blinker fluid in the 2016 Limited

sheila likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page