What's Your Favorite Taurus / Sable Generation? - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
View Poll Results: February Poll
Generation 1 (1986-1991) 100 6.44%
Generation 2 (1992-1995) 281 18.09%
Generation 3 (1996-1999) 422 27.17%
Generation 4 (2000-2007) 668 43.01%
Generation 5 (2008-Up) 82 5.28%
Voters: 1553. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
TCCA Staff (Retired)

Chapter: Northeast

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Here is a fun poll topic for February! Feel free to discuss what Gen you chose and why. The poll is also posted on the portal...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via MSN to snoopy2003taurus
i went with the gen4 since thats the only kind ive owned and i love it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to jedhead
Gen1 of course. No need to improve perfection.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

post #4 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada

Trader Score: 1 reviews
I had to go with 4th Gen, I own one and they look sleek

VBulletin Still Sucks.

Fun fact, Toyotas will never die. NEVER DIE.
This fact brought to you by the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
post #5 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via MSN to the_silver_bullet
I just feel that the gen IV interior is the best looking. Not to mention a gen II SHO the the only other top choice in my book.

post #6 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 10:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mcloud1 Send a message via Yahoo to Mcloud1
It is a hard call between the G2 and teh G3. I don't like G4's much when it comes to enthuiasm, because it is basically a warned over G3. But when it comes to ownership, the G4 is my favorite choice, mostly because it doesn't have the tendacy of eating transmissions like the first three.

"If anyone sees an older black guy wearing a grey hoodie, with a really nice ergonomic snow shovel running down Astoria Boulevard in Queens, feel free to swerve and run his ass over. Bonus points if you bring me back my shovel." -- Racer X

"If Nick would save all his money from buying Taurus/Sable promotional material he could own a real car" --lithy

"Get slammed on wild turkey, leave the bottle under the brake pedal and start aiming for nuns! or orphans! or nuns carrying orphans double word score yahtzeeeee
oed83r37rggd git r dunnnnn!!" -- TrueBlue

BTW, the Taurus mentioned in my profile is the Taurus I want to own. I don't actually own a Taurus, yet.

post #7 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to silverknight Send a message via Yahoo to silverknight
i chose g2. we've had all gen's, so i speak from experience. i cant speak for the lower models. cause all we've had are SEs and SHOs. but in stock form the suspension on g2 seemed to be set up much better than the g4. the g3 with the vulcan or tec is an awesome highway car. makes ya feel like ur in nascar. the g2 is a perfect blend of being round and square. the windows are a perfect size. and i love the fact the sides are flat. the buldings exterior door on the g3/4 makes me hate driving them, plus they are very dent prone.
the interior on my g2 is the best out of all gens. the sho seats hug like none other, the dash has an awesome shape and can use aftermarket radios without need of a $60 face. i can move the climate control down in the radio spot and the radio up top if i feel like it. in stock form with stock radio it had buttons to change radio next to gauge cluster.. slightly easier to reach when driving. good idea on fords part.
next on the list is g4 as far as styling and power. blah on the suspension and seats. seats are rock solid. but the dark charcoal interior is a nice touch. the g3 rear end is what kills it for me. it just slopes down too much. the front end on the 98/99 looks fine. and the interior is bareable too due to the better than g4 seats. and our g3 has a limited interior package and got us some awesome seats.. not cloth, not leather.. i think its tweed? no.. i dunno.
thats all for now. a book to come later.

93 White SHO 3.2 ATX
eibach springs, sensatrac/kyb struts, 26mm rear sway bar, energy suspension bushings, 11.6" brake upgrade with pfc pads, K&N filter, painted engine, partial black interior swap, painted interior, pioneer speakers, jvc deck, trans shift kit......... more and more........

04 Blue SE 3.0 Vulcan
blue suede door panels, kenwood deck, hiphonics zues amp, 2 jbl 10" subs, blah blah slow

00 Red Trans Am A4
t-tops, leather, the usual. its rwd and 325hp.
post #8 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to 2006taurus Send a message via Yahoo to 2006taurus
I went with 4 but I also Like G3. Both Generation drive nice
post #9 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Midwest

Send a message via AIM to 24vsable
As much as I love the gen 1 SHO, I had to choose gen3 due to my sable.....thankfully I don't have an oval rear window, and the sable seems to be sleeker that the taurus....

The gen 4 won't get my vote because they made the merc uglier.....
Andrew

91 3.2L mtx
95 mtx
95 318ti
77 320i
01 fukus
post #10 of 212 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to italliongman86
Gen 1 simply because thats what I own and drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page