Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/)
-   Taurus and Sable General Discussion (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/)
-   -   What's Your Favorite Taurus / Sable Generation? (https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/124-taurus-sable-general-discussion/119393-what-s-your-favorite-taurus-sable-generation.html)

rocketfoot 02-10-2007 06:14 AM

Here is a fun poll topic for February! Feel free to discuss what Gen you chose and why. The poll is also posted on the portal...

snoopy2003taurus 02-10-2007 07:59 AM

i went with the gen4 since thats the only kind ive owned and i love it

jedhead 02-10-2007 09:05 AM

Gen1 of course. No need to improve perfection.

Bob

tauruskev 02-10-2007 09:51 AM

I had to go with 4th Gen, I own one and they look sleek

the_silver_bullet 02-10-2007 10:04 AM

I just feel that the gen IV interior is the best looking. Not to mention a gen II SHO the the only other top choice in my book.

Mcloud1 02-10-2007 10:54 AM

It is a hard call between the G2 and teh G3. I don't like G4's much when it comes to enthuiasm, because it is basically a warned over G3. But when it comes to ownership, the G4 is my favorite choice, mostly because it doesn't have the tendacy of eating transmissions like the first three.

silverknight 02-10-2007 11:27 AM

i chose g2. we've had all gen's, so i speak from experience. i cant speak for the lower models. cause all we've had are SEs and SHOs. but in stock form the suspension on g2 seemed to be set up much better than the g4. the g3 with the vulcan or tec is an awesome highway car. makes ya feel like ur in nascar. the g2 is a perfect blend of being round and square. the windows are a perfect size. and i love the fact the sides are flat. the buldings exterior door on the g3/4 makes me hate driving them, plus they are very dent prone.
the interior on my g2 is the best out of all gens. the sho seats hug like none other, the dash has an awesome shape and can use aftermarket radios without need of a $60 face. i can move the climate control down in the radio spot and the radio up top if i feel like it. in stock form with stock radio it had buttons to change radio next to gauge cluster.. slightly easier to reach when driving. good idea on fords part.
next on the list is g4 as far as styling and power. blah on the suspension and seats. seats are rock solid. but the dark charcoal interior is a nice touch. the g3 rear end is what kills it for me. it just slopes down too much. the front end on the 98/99 looks fine. and the interior is bareable too due to the better than g4 seats. and our g3 has a limited interior package and got us some awesome seats.. not cloth, not leather.. i think its tweed? no.. i dunno.
thats all for now. a book to come later.

2006taurus 02-10-2007 11:59 AM

I went with 4 but I also Like G3. Both Generation drive nice :)

24vsable 02-10-2007 12:02 PM

As much as I love the gen 1 SHO, I had to choose gen3 due to my sable.....thankfully I don't have an oval rear window, and the sable seems to be sleeker that the taurus....

The gen 4 won't get my vote because they made the merc uglier.....
Andrew

italliongman86 02-10-2007 01:18 PM

Gen 1 simply because thats what I own and drive.