This is going to be a thread showing progress of our 1993 SHO
re-build. We got this car about a year ago, it had been sitting for almost 4 years. We stuck a battery in it, changed the oil, added some coolant, and click click, click. We then pulled the starter out of a '96GL we had for parts, slapped it on the SHO
, and it spun off first shot. The car seemed to run decent enough, but as we have owned 11 other Taurii, it also seemed to run a bit warm. Sooo, we installed a new thermostat, upper radiator hose, two new coolant sensors, and a dual core radiator. After some major decision making and the fact that we felt the head gasket was on the way out, not to mention the fact that it has over 150,xxx miles, we decided to pull the engine and do a refresh. Well, it's turned into WAY more than something simple, and since pulling the engine, the car has managed to get completely stripped, save for the interior. We are at a point where we can start making some progress to reassemble parts of the front suspension, so, thats where we'll start. This is definitely going to be something long term, so bear with us, and we hope you enjoy the pics.
one of the rear struts, not yet painted
close-up of that strut
these next two are actually my first of hopefully not TOO many screw-ups. I actually cut the strut tube TOO damn short, so I had to weld it back on, and recut it higher, it turned out quite well.
here is one of the front struts modified and painted
and this is a shot of the OE inserts all cut out, the new KONI inserts mounted, and the spring isolators, etc all in the basket to the left.
right now, it's raining soo I've got to wait to paint the rears. I might get a wild hair and install the crank, who knows.