Yeah, that thing is super!!!! The stand may be a bit overkill to some, yes.... we could have bolted it straight to the floor, but I don't think it would have been as nice or as quiet. We also routed the outlet hose to the old compressor tank, for extra an air storage capacity of 28 gallons, so technically we now have 88 gallons of air, whoooo hooooo!!!!!!
Well, for the last couple of days we have been doing a bit of inventory work, finding all the parts and organizing them. I plan on doing this thing in "stages" so to speak. Saturday I finished installing the last of the pistons, and started looking for the oil pump and related oil pan innards. Sunday, we decided to start a little late, and take my son to the movies. We went to see Ghost Rider at 11:00AM , and went to eat after. By 4:00 we were back at home going through bolts and such. After that we decided to POR15 all the brake calipers, just to see how they turned out.
Today I started the rear suspension assembly. It's funny, we've replaced evey part, or had everything coated, with the exception of the e-brake cables, and the ABS
sensors back there.
Rear knuckles, powder coated, and assembled. New rear hubs, new calipers(POR15 coated), pie tins, and caliper mounting brackets also powder coated.
Struts hanging in the wind, LOL. And before ANYONE says ANYTHING about dirty fender wells, we also spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon power washing and scrubbing them by hand, so they ARE clean.
H-brace, and BMR adjustable control arms
also notice the knuckle braces
right rear assembly minus the rotor/pads, sway bar/endlinks, and s.s. brake lines/bias plugs.
wheel back on