Sho Build-up - Page 23 - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rudedog Send a message via MSN to rudedog Send a message via Yahoo to rudedog
I guess we can call this an update of sorts. Some of you know we bought a trailer recently. We decided to try it out today. This is what happened.

We killed the jumper box so I had to run the winch off ther car's battery for a few minutes.

She almost looks lonely up there.

There was also some carnage. Although by the time I got the camera, it was all covered up. I will get pics soon, after the pain resides, so you can all see.
Before we loaded the car we spent the better part of an hour doing the final mounting of the 8500# SmittyBuilt winch. After, we moved the trailer up behind the car, pulled the ramps, hooked up the tow strap and started winching. All went pretty well, it wasn't exactly centered, but it is up there and we didn't break anything.......yet. We hooked the truck back up and pulled the Dub out of "storage" so we can replace the rack and pinion. and maneuvered the truck and trailer back into the new driveway. We had it made untill one of the hooks on the front strap broke and the car started rolling backward toward that beautiful pearl white BRAND NEW tailgate. OMG DON'T LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA got ya. Fortunately, I guess, the winch control box which we had just finished getting situated(remember), and the trailers built in bumper bar stopped it from any contact or even worse, falling backward off the front of the trailer. It really is kind of painful to talk about. At least no-one got hurt.

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 2008 Car of The Month/Car of the Year 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

February Car of the Month T.S.O.C.
March Car of The Month T.C.C.A.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Crazy Devoted Member

Chapter: Southern

Send a message via AIM to ffvulcanpowah

"YOU WILL ALL BOW DOWN TO MY AWESOME SHO THAT IS REALLY JUST A TAURUS WITH FIDDLY BITS AND TWO MORE CYLINDERS!!!11ONE" -Dan
"If you got the lack of sense to mod a TAURUS you should be allowed to cut a hole in your hood. Let everyone see the extent of your madness" -Luke
post #223 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 AM

Mean Green Trailer Queen!

I am just glad it didnt smash thru my tailgate, or rip the rear end out of the SHO, or smash the brand new winch into a thousand little bittle mini pieces thus rendering it unfixable, or rip the winch plate and bumper bar off the front of the brand new trailer! and most specially glad no one got hurt, except for the stupid neighbor ladys feelings when i told her to ###### off cause my truck was blocking the street and she didnt want to drive around the block !

post #224 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Devoted Member

Chapter: Eastern Canada
Year: 1994
Model: Ford Taurus SHO
Engine: 3.0L Yamaha V6

Send a message via MSN to mooby
sorry for that but nice weather up there

and nice trailer

oh and nice car too

lol

done so far discoball hid rear and front mustang gt caliper disk brake setup,moog ball joint tie rod end front and rear sway bar 24 26mm with moog blue bushing strutbar bushing 16" mag and yokohama aviz trz plus new engine and tranny on 15 jan 2006 plus new eibach coil and 07 front seat sho cluster led

post #225 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
y_r

QUOTE (rudedog @ Feb 19 2007, 10:56 PM)
Quote:
Yeah, that thing is super!!!! The stand may be a bit overkill to some, yes.... we could have bolted it straight to the floor, but I don't think it would have been as nice or as quiet. We also routed the outlet hose to the old compressor tank, for extra an air storage capacity of 28 gallons, so technically we now have 88 gallons of air, whoooo hooooo!!!!!!

Well, for the last couple of days we have been doing a bit of inventory work, finding all the parts and organizing them. I plan on doing this thing in "stages" so to speak. Saturday I finished installing the last of the pistons, and started looking for the oil pump and related oil pan innards. Sunday, we decided to start a little late, and take my son to the movies. We went to see Ghost Rider at 11:00AM , and went to eat after. By 4:00 we were back at home going through bolts and such. After that we decided to POR15 all the brake calipers, just to see how they turned out.

Today I started the rear suspension assembly. It's funny, we've replaced evey part, or had everything coated, with the exception of the e-brake cables, and the ABS sensors back there.

Rear knuckles, powder coated, and assembled. New rear hubs, new calipers(POR15 coated), pie tins, and caliper mounting brackets also powder coated.

Struts hanging in the wind, LOL. And before ANYONE says ANYTHING about dirty fender wells, we also spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon power washing and scrubbing them by hand, so they ARE clean.

H-brace, and BMR adjustable control arms

also notice the knuckle braces

right rear assembly minus the rotor/pads, sway bar/endlinks, and s.s. brake lines/bias plugs.

wheel back on
[/b]
Whats the advantage of the rear tie rods (the black "pipes" at the rear) and what does it gives? what's the advantage over the regulat stock ones that i have in my 1993 vulcan?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01053.jpg (61.3 KB, 30 views)
post #226 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Send a message via AIM to rudedog Send a message via MSN to rudedog Send a message via Yahoo to rudedog
The stock rear arms are stamped steel, and can bend actually quite easily. We just happened to jack up the rear of this car by accident by one of them, and just the weight of the car bent the arm. The biggest and main benefit to replacing the arms with what's pictured is that they are practically infinitly adjustable. Camber stock is not adjustable, and toe, stock is only a little adjustable. Even with the replacement eccentrics, you'll only get so much. Check SHOsource for the Ingalls bars, that's what I have on my 'blue 93GL. They are substancially cheaper than the BMR bars.

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

post #227 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
y_r

QUOTE (rudedog @ May 4 2009, 01:49 PM)
Quote:
The stock rear arms are stamped steel, and can bend actually quite easily. We just happened to jack up the rear of this car by accident by one of them, and just the weight of the car bent the arm. The biggest and main benefit to replacing the arms with what's pictured is that they are practically infinitly adjustable. Camber stock is not adjustable, and toe, stock is only a little adjustable. Even with the replacement eccentrics, you'll only get so much. Check SHOsource for the Ingalls bars, that's what I have on my 'blue 93GL. They are substancially cheaper than the BMR bars.[/b]
Tanks, every day im learning something new.
Do you have maybe pictures or a link of your tranny rebuild?
Thank you!
post #228 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Devoted Member

Link - Rudy's at it Again. It was supposed to be strictly about the trans rebuild, and the engine swap, but it turned into more of a generic thread of just whatever we had going on around the house at the time. The first page or two gives some of the teardown, but there really isn't too much of the assembly at all being as I was the only one home most of the time and had greasy hands. I suppose I can get off my ass and rebuild the trans in the back yard for the Meen Green Trailer Queen - Steve's SHO.

Rudy Heinemann Jr.

post #229 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 PM

QUOTE (rudedog @ May 4 2009, 12:49 PM)
Quote:
The stock rear arms are stamped steel, and can bend actually quite easily. We just happened to jack up the rear of this car by accident by one of them, and just the weight of the car bent the arm. The biggest and main benefit to replacing the arms with what's pictured is that they are practically infinitly adjustable. Camber stock is not adjustable, and toe, stock is only a little adjustable. Even with the replacement eccentrics, you'll only get so much. Check SHOsource for the Ingalls bars, that's what I have on my 'blue 93GL. They are substancially cheaper than the BMR bars.[/b]
The stock stamped steel bent like string cheese with just a jack under it and the weight of the car!

The Ingalls bars are substancially cheaper than the BMR bars and are substancially less beefy! go BMR or why bother.
Shoot mine have had to with stand all the massive strain of having to carry the weight of a back seat and trunk load full of parts a whole 75 feet or so since we put them on! LOL!

post #230 of 233 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 07:32 PM

As promised, we're back with some carnage. Now it might not look like a lot, but really, it literally was the first time we fired it up. So, it was a REALLY big deal for us, especially Steve.
Imagine the back bumper sitting up on top of the winch with the control box bent and twisted from it's mount.
Looked something like this, only with a CAR on top. Notice also, that there is supposed to be a little chrome handle sticking up on the extreme left end.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page