What The He - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Score: 0 reviews
hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM

Chapter: Southern

Was anything else in the system replaced Receiver / Dryer / Orifice tube? Was the system flushed and vacuumed down before it was recharged? Was oil replaced in the system?

QUOTE (mcphilly37 @ Sep 8 2009, 05:23 PM)
Quote:
hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this[/b]

1997 Taurus GL - 3.0 OHV - The Project Bull
1998 Taurus SE - 3.0 OHV - SOLD
1997 Taurus GL - 3.0 OHV - SOLD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (DerbyDave @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 PM)
Quote:
Was anything else in the system replaced Receiver / Dryer / Orifice tube? Was the system flushed and vacuumed down before it was recharged? Was oil replaced in the system?

Quote:
hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this[/b]
[/b][/quote]
i have no idae i dont think so just the pump and pully used pump new pully thats all i believe oh and one can of freeon i live in ellensburg wa i do believe i got one hell of a hillbilly hookup on this one ya know dude said he knew what he was doing lol

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (mcphilly37 @ Sep 8 2009, 06:34 PM)
Quote:
QUOTE (DerbyDave @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 PM)
Quote:

Quote:
[/b][/quote]
i have no idae i dont think so just the pump and pully used pump new pully thats all i believe oh and one can of freeon i live in ellensburg wa i do believe i got one hell of a hillbilly hookup on this one ya know dude said he knew what he was doing lol
[/b][/quote]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to StevenRosenow Send a message via MSN to StevenRosenow Send a message via Yahoo to StevenRosenow
Sounds like someone has a seized pulley, other than his A/C unit.

I'd check all pulleys, and the drivebelt arrangement. Make sure it's on correctly.

*EDIT*

Also check the air injection pump, if so equipped. That could've failed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Taurus GL - 264K miles and climbing. 3.0L Vulcan/AX4S automatic
1992 Ford Taurus SHO - 218K miles and climbing. 3.0L 24V DOHC/MTX manual.
1955 Kenworth-Pacific School Coach school bus. 73 pass. cap. Over 500K miles and climbing. GMC 401 cid V6 gas engine/5-spd. Fuller 6252 manual.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 03:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to StevenRosenow Send a message via MSN to StevenRosenow Send a message via Yahoo to StevenRosenow
Hey, have you had any luck yet?:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Taurus GL - 264K miles and climbing. 3.0L Vulcan/AX4S automatic
1992 Ford Taurus SHO - 218K miles and climbing. 3.0L 24V DOHC/MTX manual.
1955 Kenworth-Pacific School Coach school bus. 73 pass. cap. Over 500K miles and climbing. GMC 401 cid V6 gas engine/5-spd. Fuller 6252 manual.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 01:11 AM

+1 to everything that has been said. Also on the coolant, 1 can is NOT enough. It takes 2-3 cans. The issue sounds like, only the symptom was fixed, and not the cause. It's like going to the doc, because well lets just say you went out and had a good time, and ended up with something less then friendly. It hurts. The doc gives you pain pills, and sends you on your way, when the doc should have been giving you antibiotics as well. Figure out what is causing the symptoms, fix that, then fix the symptoms. Doesn't sound like you did anything specific to F it up, it probably would have done it if she were driving it as well. So I wouldn't feel too bad about it, but KUDOS to you for taking the responsibility of fixing something that broke while it was in your possession.

To see a picture of me and Caitlin, click the following link.

1982 Datsun 4x4

Lifted 6 inches, 31x10.5x15 Mud Terrain tires.

Blue tinted King Cab Windows, Shaved Head, Weber Carb.

Clarion MP3 deck, Blaupunkt 200 Watt 6" 2way in the kickpanels, Kenwood 1000W 2 channel Sub amp, 2 12" Sony Xplod 1200 Watts Subs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page