LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Chapter: Northeast
Year: 2013
Model: Ford Taurus
Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6

Trader Score: 0 reviews
Front End Repairs

I just had my 2013 Taurus Limited AWD serviced and was told that the alignment was out. With 85k on it now, I found that to be believable. What surprised me was that my wife also said that she thought that the car was riding worse than our '18 350 dually!. I checked the front end and saw that the control arm bushings looked worn and had a significant amount of oxidation between the rubber bushing and the aluminum housing. Enough evidence for me!. I ordered 2 new MOOG control arms w/bushings and ball joints, Timken wheel bearings and Monroe loaded struts. All in with me doing the install was just under $600.00 + alignment (in shop getting that done now) All I can say is WOW! What a difference it made just in the short ride to get the alignment. When you drive it every day, the degradation is slow to be noticed. Getting new rear shocks to be done in a few days, didn't get here in time to do all at once. makes me excited to drive it again. Feel like I'm waiting for a new car to come in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page